Tax Form Modelo 210

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Tax Form Modelo 210

Postby Enrique » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:16 am

Hi jackson5,
Do you know of anyone with a Windows system so you could do it on that........... :?:

Back to your OS ....have you the latest Java update........... :?:

"To perform many electronic transactions available on the website of the Tax Agency is necessary to have the latest version of the Java Virtual Machine (Java eight) machine. To install Java 8 in Mac, the minimum version of OS X 10.7.3 should be."
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

jackson5

Postby jackson5 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:18 am

thanks Enriq. Will try updating Java now.
Regards
Peter J

slapdash
Tourist

Tax Form Modelo 210 - Paying from the UK

Postby slapdash » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:50 pm

Hello all,

As of today, I am a new member of this forum.

Last year, in 2014, I co-bought a holiday Villa in Spain with my siblings, and so this year we have to file our first Non Resident Income Tax (IRNR) returns by completing Modelo 210 tax forms.

Using this website and forum, I have managed to generate my Modelo210 as a .pdf file without any errors. Thank you for all the great advice on here how to do that. However, I don't quite understand how to make a payment from the UK.

The generated 210.pdf seems to give incomplete instructions to make a payment from the UK:
It has a receipt number, 250*************
It gives me an IBAN number ES8790000001200270002107
but it does not give me a SWIFT-BIC number, and my UK bank requires that.

In the "Instructions in English" referenced by this forum post here http://andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=27897 under the Payment section on Page 14/14 it says
"The transfer must be made to the Banco de Espana account detailed on the Tax Agency web page" unfortunately I have been unable to find the SWIFT-BIC number on their website.

My questions are:
1) Does anyone know where I can find the SWIFT-BIC number, or what it is?
2) Am I right in assuming all I need is the SWIFT-BIC, the IBAN and the Modelo210 generated Reference number to make the payment from the UK?
3) That I can't get an electronic signature certificate from here in the UK, but only in Spain.
4) That when completing the Modelo 210 form and paying from the UK I should choose "Deposit via a Financial Organization Abroad" for "Choose the type of Tax Return", and that I should enter the SWIFT-BIC, the IBAN of my UK bank from which I am making the payment.
5) And that when I have made the payment I should then print off my Modelo210.PDF form and send it through the post to Delegación de la Agencia Tributaria de Madrid, Calle Guzmán el Bueno, 129 - 28003 Madrid.
6) That there isn't an easy way of making a payment by credit/debit card from the UK
7) Is there anything else I have overlooked?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:13 pm

Hi slapdash,
Welcome to The Forum............. :D

You will have to do a Form for everyone on The Escritura .............

I'll start the ball rolling..........well just a nudge....... :)

1) BIC ........ ESPBESMMXXX
This is a valid IBAN.

IBAN: ES8790000001200270002107
BIC: ESPBESMMXXX

Bank: Banco de Espana

Madrid

Branch number: 0001

3)To get Digital Signature you have to go in person to a Local Office to start the procedure, see FAQ on Obtaining a Digital Signature.

http://andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=27571

7) Yes ....you've not put your Location in your Profile........this enables Members to give a more Specific answer to any other questions you may Post.

On a Technical note......when you have sorted the Forms Save your Data , this can then be Imported next year and you will only have to change the Date and The % Tax rate or any other minor data that may have changed.

:!: Many sure you keep a Copy...........for your records :!:

slapdash
Tourist

Postby slapdash » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:15 am

Hi Enrique,

1) Thanks for the reply re BIC: ESPBESMMXXX - that's a great help

3) Regarding the Digital Signature, yes that is what I thought, but I wont be back in Spain before I have to file the return.

7) Good tip about saving the data for next year. Once I have submitted and paid for the first year I will feel much more confident for the following years. I'll read through all the instructions and notes again

Thanks for your help.

slapdash
Tourist

Re: Tax Form Modelo 210 - Making Payment from the UK

Postby slapdash » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:17 pm

Re making Modelo210 Payments from a UK bank.

Hi again
I now have the SWIFT-BIC and the IBAN numbers
I have re-read AEAT's Instructions for filing the Modelo 210 (referenced in my initial post above), specifically the Payment section page 14/14
It says the "Beneficiary" must be the receipt number (of the generated Modelo201 PDF file) followed by the text "-AEAT" it then gives an example of (Beneficiary: 250NNNNNNNNN-AEAT).

Great I thought I was almost there! But no.

It then goes on to say, in the next paragraph, " Likewise, the specific characters generated for the "Concepto" (item) field for each specific case and contained in the the instruction returned by the printing service should be entered in this field. In short it wants the file name of the verified and generated .210 file
eg NIE(9), Modelo(3), Fiscal Year(2), Legal Persons Code(4), Period(2)
(example of Concepto: X1234567C 210 14 JURI OA. (without spaces))

It implies it wants this data added to the Beneficiary field, eg
(Beneficiary: 250NNNNNNNNN-AEATX1234567C21014JURIOA )
as the statement in the instructions didn't identify a new field. Is that a mistake, does it mean put this information in the Reference Field. Surely that is more logical?
eg Beneficiary: 250NNNNNNNNN-AEAT
Reference: X1234567C21014JURIOA

Confused. Help appreciated.

PS also just clarification for entering your name on the 210 form. It implies it should be in the format:
Surname, First name, middle name eg Jones Alan Henry for in the UK: Alan Henry Jones. Is that correct?

slapdash
Tourist

Re: Tax Form Modelo 210 - Payments from the UK

Postby slapdash » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:34 am

In answer to my own question in the previous post.

If you select "Deposit through Financial Organization abroad" and then actually enter your own SWIFT-BIC Code and IBAN for your UK account and then verify and generate, the process actually gives you all the info you need at the top of page 2 of the generated PDF file.
It shows:

Swift BIC: ESPBESMMXXX (BANCO DE ESPANA, Madrid)
IBAN: ES8790000001200270002107 (Spanish Modelo210 payment account)
Beneficiary:250NNNNNNNNNN-AEAT (example number, but correct end)
"Item": X1234567C21014JURIOA (example)

I am still making the assumption that "Item" means Payment Reference, there is no other field in my UK Bank's International Payments section that this data can go into, and as I assumed in the previous post, it is separate from the beneficiary data.

For entering your name on the 210 form, I am now simply using Surname and Forename, no middle names.

Apologies for wasting everyone's time, but in case anyone in the future has the same questions, the answers are here.

cattod
Tourist

Postby cattod » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:32 pm

Hi,

Everyone knows how finicky form 210 is so to my surprise it allowed me to declare an accrued rental income for an entire year. Every abocado will tell you rent is due at the most every quarter and payable within the first 15 days of the month following each quarter.
We rent a couple of weeks in July and August so other than Q3 I'd have to submit zero income forms.
The 210 instructions in English state that "Income from real estate is due in the next calendar year, everything else quarterly".
So, what are anyone's thoughts about this:
Is "income from real estate" strictly the deemed income and rental income from real estate is in the "everything else" part?
If the form validates yearly accrued self-assessment of rental income should I submit it like that?

Thank you!

Red Dragon
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Red Dragon » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:39 pm

Hi - I have a couple of questions as I am just doing my 2015 return, payable in 2016.

I am checking with the Town Hall, but I don't believe the rateable value of my property has been revised in the last 10 years so could someone check me on my calculation for the tax return please?
VC: 75311.87
Base imponible is (75311.87 x 2%)/2 = 753.12 (my partner own half the property)
Tax owed for 2015 is 753.12 x 20% = €150.62

Also where can I find the FAQs referred to in the thread please?

If I find a mistake on the form after I have generated the pdf, can I re-do it, and will the most recent pdf generated over-write the previous one?

Many thanks

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:28 pm

Hi Red Dragon,
The FAQ is in the FAQ Section on the main Forum index.........

http://andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=27897

I was working on 19,5% for the year 2015 submitting this year 2016........ :?:

Box [21] 19,5%

Red Dragon
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Red Dragon » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:48 pm

Thanks Enrique

As I have generated one form and made a mistake in the calculation (20% instead of 19.5%), can I simply re-do it again online?

Also do you know if I can pay from the UK with either a bank transfer or credit card without the need for a digital certificate? I won't be in Spain for the next twelve months so need to find a way to pay it from the UK. The thread gets a little confusing. Also I would prefer to pay in euros from my Spanish bank account rather than transfer money from a UK GBP account.

Many thanks for your help. :thumbup:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:13 pm

Hi,
You can generate as many Form 210 as you like the only one that counts is the one you take to pay in the Bank.

When you get the figures right make sure you save the data, it should do it automatically in C:\aeat\210

The Format of the file....... NIE + Year.................... ie. X1234567Y_2015_OA.210

Then next year its a case of Importing data, changing the dates and the Tax rate and figures if needed.

It took me less than five minutes to do one................ 8)

There are Members that have Posted Ref: paying via your Bank,...ask your bank if its possible with the type of account you have......my current Bank says not an Option.

Red Dragon
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Red Dragon » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:56 pm

That's great, thank you. The only thing I need to understand now is whether I need to apply 1.1% or 2% to the VC as I don't know when the VC was last revised in Benahavis. I know my VC has been the same since 2010 but not sure before that. Is there anywhere I can check online or do I have to wait until the ayuntamiento confirms?

Thanks.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:27 pm

Hi Red Dragon,
A quick Search on The Forum................. :D

Beachcomber Posted this Link.............. :angel:

http://www.catastro.meh.es/esp/ponencia_valores.asp

Leave todos los años in the first box and fill in the other two .......to get the info you require....... :idea:

Málaga BENAHAVIS 1996 29/06/1995................... :?:

Red Dragon
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Red Dragon » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:02 pm

Ah, yes. An '+' icon also reveals 2004, which is still outside of the 10 years, so it looks like it's 2% :thumbdown:

Many thanks.

vananenko

Postby vananenko » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:59 pm

Hi,

Does somebody know link to official document changing calculation rule of taxable base (either 1.1% or 2% of VC) for modelo 210
from "VC changed since 1994" to "VC changed during las 10 years".

I found that instruction on official web site of tax agency
http://www.agenciatributaria.es/static_ ... mod210.pdf
still says "if VC changed since 1994 then apply 1.1% of VC".

So, where information regarding "if VC changed during last 10 years then apply 1.1% of VC otherwise apply 2% of VC" comes from ?

Many thanks in advance.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:24 pm

Hi vananenko,
Have to wait for Beachcomber on this one............

OK this link popped up......See page 5

http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/agenciat ... 15-104.pdf

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:18 pm

Let's go Brandon!

vananenko

Postby vananenko » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:11 pm

Many thanks

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:22 pm

Finally decided this isn't going to go away, so opened up the 210 page, or tried to.... turns out I need Java. So I click on their link, and go to the Java download page.... XP is not on the supprted list - so if I try to download it, will it work, or do I have to do this another way ?
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)