Difference in Valuation

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Difference in Valuation

Postby Lyric » Tue May 10, 2016 6:29 pm

I suppose I should wait until I get the letter but it's bothering me.
We recently sold an apartment (October last) and this morning have received advice of a letter, certificado, at the post office. It has been addressed to the apartment we used to own. Now it says the origin is Catastral so it is something to do with the property.
I am under the impression that the additional monies being demanded for difference in valuation are coming from Hacienda and are centered on CGT. CGT has not entered into the scheme of things yet being part of this year's return as I understand it.
Am I right thus far. It must be something else ?

irismary
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Difference in Valuation

Postby irismary » Sat May 14, 2016 1:57 pm

Thre Catastro have done an aerial survey and revaluation - for which work they charged house owners 60 Euros! We have now recieved IBI for the updated valuation backdated to 2012....only in Spain! Can you imagine any council in UK re-doing council tax bands and charging the house owners for the work? Guess this may be your letter certificado.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat May 14, 2016 2:29 pm

irismary wrote:Thre Catastro have done an aerial survey and revaluation - for which work they charged house owners 60 Euros! We have now recieved IBI for the updated valuation backdated to 2012....only in Spain! Can you imagine any council in UK re-doing council tax bands and charging the house owners for the work? Guess this may be your letter certificado.
You are right, and not just for the work but also the extra euros in iBI...So do the Spanish just pay up and not complain?

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sat May 14, 2016 4:55 pm

Additional IBI will happen if the property has been enlarged or its built area (eg outdoor terraces, kitchens...) increased.
Your town hall can call up on-screen your catastral map and image, new and old.
Any additional square meters are listed and shown in red, old in black.
The "observed" purpose of each area is listed, eg deportiva (for pools, terraces), vivienda (living accommodation), etc.
For us, a colour photo of the front of the property had also been added.
Chris

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat May 14, 2016 5:47 pm

Lyric, have you picked up your registered letter yet? It may be just a communication advising you that the change of ownership has been registered with Catastro.
Let's go Brandon!

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat May 14, 2016 6:20 pm

Yes, it is headed "Propuesta den Resolucion con Acuerdo de Alteracion" and then off it goes !

It is not too long ago, possibly four years, that I accosted a chap on the track with a clip board and camera who said that they were re-assessing IBI.
I am wondering if this is to do with the small plot we sold to our neighbour to get his plot over 5000sqm so that he could split the main house and the casitta and sell them individually (never happened)
I am going to take it to my Gestoria on Monday as we have tax to chat about anyway

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun May 15, 2016 11:53 am

I am not sure what you are complaining about - that the authority should not charge what they are entitled to? Or that folk are being found out for some of the unlicensed work they have had done? Or that they have (as the law says) only gone back four years rather than to when the improvements were done?
Everybody wants road improvements, street lights, effective local police presence, good schooling and so on and it all has to be paid for.
If you compare what you are being charged compared to an equivalent property in the UK (and yes, I know the UK has provided a wider range of services, (especially if you are a disabled transgendered member of an ethnic minority) you should maybe breathe a sigh of relief!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Tue May 17, 2016 10:07 am

Just to clear up, my Letter is about an extra 85sqm of build the Catastral do not have a record of, even though it is on their map !
My Gestoria thought it might be the deposito or the garage but I don't think so. It is more likely the pool or the entrance hall or a combination, We had trouble at purchase time with these areas but the Abogado is supposed to have sorted it out. This addition is historic, greater than 25 years looking at the pool, certainly not our doing, all our work (licensed) has been internal.
Anyway we have decided to pay up and shut up, for 30€ on the Valor Catastral and 60€ iit is just not worth any aggravation.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Tue May 17, 2016 11:06 am

Your town hall will be able to call up the catastral record for the property.
It will show with plan and list the old and 'new' built areas, together with the sq.m involved.
Should remove any doubt about changes.
Chris

jukim
Resident

Postby jukim » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:11 am

We had ours – they have put myself and my oh on the deeds of the property next door (much much larger than ours) and her name on our properties. Totally out of the blue as hers was registered in 2007 and ours in 2009 – always been correct, I even have a screenshot from the Government's own website "Sede Electronica del Catastral" showing everything correct. Now we're plunged into a nightmare at our cost (with money we don't have) when we've done absolutely nothing wrong.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:30 pm

TorreDelAguila wrote:Your town hall will be able to call up the catastral record for the property.
It will show with plan and list the old and 'new' built areas, together with the sq.m involved.
Should remove any doubt about changes.

just out of interest... I went to catastral a few years ago... all I could see was the site footprint. then all I can see on the IBI bill is the sq metre area...
is there more info available to me on-line?

thanks

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:36 pm

Try https://www1.sedecatastro.gob.es/OVCFra ... O=CONSULTA - enter your details & you should get the official data. If you want more, you will need to have & use a digital signature or the new one ?Clave
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)