Looking for estate agents cadiz, Sevilla, Heulva

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
anouska
Tourist

Looking for estate agents cadiz, Sevilla, Heulva

Postby anouska » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:28 am

Greetings all,
I will be heading to Cadiz in July this year and am hoping to view a few properties to buy, if anyone can recommend an estate agent who lists small fincas/country properties in Cadiz, Heulva or Sevilla then I would be greatful for their names/contacts, we would consider any areas in these regions. Or, if you hear of anyone selling please put them in contact.. looking for a minimum 3 bed.. price range around 200,000 euro mark.
Thanks

JuliaStein
Tourist

Re: Looking for estate agents cadiz, Sevilla, Heulva

Postby JuliaStein » Fri May 13, 2016 9:42 am

First of all, I am so jealous of you :) I have lived in Cadiz for 6 months, it was the best time in my life. Check this catalogue https://tranio.com/spain/andalusia/cadiz/ This company is not an agency but a broker that means it can connect you with more than one local agency in Cadiz. Hope it will help you!
Last edited by JuliaStein on Fri May 13, 2016 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bernipops3
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bernipops3 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:23 am

Try cadizcasa.com We found them very helpful when we bought our house and cover all the areas you mention and a few more besides.

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Fri May 13, 2016 9:59 pm

Hola

I'll second Cadiz Casa - excellent company that won't push you but will guide you through the maze of illegal properties

I have no connection with the company

Davexf

flyeogh
Resident

Postby flyeogh » Tue May 17, 2016 8:32 pm

In November we used http://www.tular.es/ in El Puerto. They were very good throughout. Including all the legal stuff. You might like to give them a try. They have stuff out in the campo.

Having said that we found you need to put in the leg work and visit several agents as properties available varied greatly from one to other.

We found it best to be fairly strict on locations you'd consider to avoid lots a wasted trips.

But wishing you all the success we had :D
El raton de watford

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue May 17, 2016 10:29 pm

anouska wrote:Greetings all,
I will be heading to Cadiz in July this year and am hoping to view a few properties to buy
Must be mad as a box of frogs to consider buying.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

flyeogh
Resident

Postby flyeogh » Wed May 18, 2016 7:53 am

Or maybe like us you have your wealth already heavily weighted towards cash and investments and not to balance your portfolio with property, especially when it is so cheap, would make you as mad as a box of frogs :wink:
El raton de watford

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed May 18, 2016 7:56 am

I don't think it is a good idea to buy something so valuable with little hope of being able to sell it within a many-years timeframe....especially before the result of Brexit is known?

flyeogh
Resident

Postby flyeogh » Wed May 18, 2016 8:56 am

Agreed about Brexit but the OP is not doing that.

As for the market it maybe slow but my agent is selling houses, beyond the one he sold to me. And the people I bought from have bought a bigger house down the road.

Agreed their are people who cannot accept the rebalance of property prices or borrowed so heavily they cannot capitalise the loss (like many Spanish banks :shh: ) but houses offered at market rates do sell. And if the OP buys at the true market rate there is little reason to believe he couldn't resell at the market rate.

Anouska we are very pleased with our house, as a home and as an investment for the future. Of course Peter is right in that it is possible to buy an over priced pig in a poke but the market being slow at the moment does give you all the cards and time to get it right.

Anyway all the best of luck and enjoy the experience.
El raton de watford

anouska
Tourist

Postby anouska » Wed May 25, 2016 1:30 am

Thanks everybody for your helpful replies, words of encouragement and of warnings! :),
You know, for us its all about life is for living and we are a young family tired of travelling and living in often difficult countries for many many years, we feel like a lifestyle change, we love this area and yes there are risks associated as with everything, but hey if you don't try!!! But of course we don't take everyone's words of warning lightly and take them all on board so we can minimize any of these associated risks! So am happy to hear all helpful!! comments both positive and negative! We will definitely check out sites mentioned and have been in contact with cadizcasa. So thanks again, please keep positing with other helpful suggestions...

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Wed May 25, 2016 9:40 am

At the risk of being obvious ... estate agents arn't really what your looking for yet ....
You have made the principal choice of your location , ie the Costa de luz . Now you need to decide where you want to Actually live.
You need to find the location and then find the Local Estate agents. There is no conglomerate estate agents like Zoopla or Right Move in Spain. Every Village, town or gathering will have a local estate agents and by local I usually meant within a 5-10Km radius of its location.
Decide where you like and then ask someone ...

flyeogh
Resident

Postby flyeogh » Wed May 25, 2016 10:29 am

Martin that is very true. We visited well over a dozen.

It is however important to not be put off by the total apathy of the majority of these agents. You need to drive them. They often give the impression that you are a pain in the **** for bothering them. We found this in Asturias in the north as well as Andalucia.
El raton de watford

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Wed May 25, 2016 10:41 am

I be in total agreement with Martin, I know if I were doing again I would pick a place and book a hotel for a couple of nights and wander around.
If you do get to this stage you may be able to return here and ask again, airport access is also important and if you can get the choice of two/three airports be better.
Just to say I was comparing notes with a person with a campo house, he said if he was doing again he would stay in a town where all the services and make some local arrangement as to keeping the few animals which he has. He kept a few horses as his lady was into this but due to injury they now just have a couple of donkeys...

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed May 25, 2016 11:12 am

"There is no conglomerate estate agents like Zoopla or Right Move in Spain."
Not strictly true - our house is on the market with a local agent, and as well as being on his website he has put it on Kyero.com which covers many agents and a wide area.
1,767 in the Cadiz province for example.
Last edited by peteroldracer on Wed May 25, 2016 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed May 25, 2016 11:21 am

Right move has a Spanish section. Around 85,500 on sale.