Fiscal rep or Lawyer for non resident tax??

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Pennine pathfinder

Fiscal rep or Lawyer for non resident tax??

Postby Pennine pathfinder » Thu May 19, 2016 12:25 pm

Hi all
I'm hoping there are other non-residents that can give me their experience on the non residence tax procedure.

We bought in Estepona in October 2015 so we have a NR tax bill to pay for the period up to end December 2015 for grand total of 19 euro's, however the fee's we have been presented with for preparing the form for this by our tax lawyer is 242.00 euro's. I remember when we met her recently she said there was another tax form (Renta?)to complete for owners who have to declare that they are not renting the property out - as we have no plans too.

Can I just say my understanding of the non-resident tax is the annual amount taken from the cadastral value of the property. I have seen a copy of this on the lawyers desk but do not hold an official document yet.

I am aware that the 19 euro is now due and will be paying the lawyer this time but just thinking forward for next time

I can understand the paperwork has to be done but I was wondering if an on-line company that advertise to complete the forms for you would make financial sense and if anyone had used one? or a local fiscal representative? and if so has anyone used one in the Estepona area that can give good or bad experiences?

Thanks for reading
Karen

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Fiscal rep or Lawyer for non resident tax??

Postby gerryh » Thu May 19, 2016 12:44 pm

Hi
Welcome to the forum.
Have a read of this in the forum FAQs :- viewtopic.php?f=42&t=27897
Perhaps you could do it yourself and save money.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu May 19, 2016 12:50 pm

Have a look through the link that Gerry has given you and, perhaps, try it for yourself and if you have any further queries or difficulty we will try to help.

You have until the of this year to make the declaration so don't allow yourself to be bounced into doing anything precipitate and certainly not into paying €242 for something that you can do yourself in a few minutes.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu May 19, 2016 1:32 pm

Hi pennine pathfinder,

"will be paying the lawyer this time"...............you can't be serious.............. :(

If the purchase went through correctly you should be registered in the AEAT system.
As there is plenty of time left to pay there is no rush.
Get yourself a Digital Signature .......see FAQ's. This will enable you to check your details they have on record so you can fill in the Modelo/Form 210 correctly.

Best to have a go at the Form now so you can Post any errors and we can sort you out...... :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Pennine pathfinder

Postby Pennine pathfinder » Thu May 19, 2016 1:44 pm

Many thanks for your welcome and helpful replies.

I have had a look and printed the instructions - look daunting at first and then read the English help notes. So I will wait until hubby gets home and we will try and get our head around it as it sounds like 2 forms will need to be submitted.

Am i right in thinking that the bill for last nov/dec 2015 isn't due until Dec 31st 2016? but yet I cannot pay it in advance? If this is the case it makes me wonder why the lawyer wants the funds now to complete the forms - although she has suggested she has started with the preparation of the tax returns.

Thanks again
Karen

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu May 19, 2016 1:52 pm

The tax for 2015 may be paid at any time during this year up until the 31st December. Yes, you will need to do one form each regardless of how paltry the sum.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu May 19, 2016 2:13 pm

" If this is the case it makes me wonder why the lawyer wants the funds now to complete the forms"
Because its very easy money............. :evil:

When you have done it once and SAVED your data, the following year you can Import this data , change the Date and any changes to the Rate.........make a coffee , Print the form and be completed inside of five minutes....... :D

The real cost should be in the region of 30euro........if done by Gestor
Last edited by Enrique on Thu May 19, 2016 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu May 19, 2016 2:18 pm

Enrique wrote:" If this is the case it makes me wonder why the lawyer wants the funds now to complete the forms"
Because its very easy money............. :evil:

:D
The lawyer needs the money now so that she can pay her Spanish income tax, as a resident, which is due by the 25h June. :twisted: :twisted:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Pennine pathfinder

Postby Pennine pathfinder » Thu May 19, 2016 7:05 pm

Ha Ha, yes you need a sense of humour to deal with the powers that be!!

Karen