Modelo 002 debt, advice please!

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Jane
Andalucia.com Amigo

Modelo 002 debt, advice please!

Postby Jane » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:05 am

We are resident in the UK and own a small house in Comares which we use for holidays (it is not rented out and we receive no income from it). We've been sent an overdue bill by Agencia Tributaria and I am struggling to understand what it is for. It says Modelo 002, deudas menor cuantia, depend. regional recaudacion, tasa regularizacion catastral. There are several more pages with lots of information. It says 'el dia 05.11.2015 finalizó el plazo de pago en periodo voluntario sin que haya sido satisfecha la deuda de referencia'. I do speak some Spanish and I understand from this that my period for making a voluntary payment has run out and the fecha de emision is 28.5.2016. The bill is 72€.

My problem is that we are not back in Comares until mid September and I have no idea what this relates to. Our IBI and local taxes (for basura, water etc) are all paid by direct debit through Cajamar. Can anyone advise me what it is (catastral regularisation rate??) and what the risk will be if we cannot sort it before mid September? Thanks
Jane

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Modelo 002 debt, advice please!

Postby Enrique » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:44 am

Hi Jane,
Have a Google search until the Wizards see your Post..............El Cid y Beachcomber............... :D

Came across this............still none the wiser..............

https://translate.google.co.uk/translat ... rev=search

As you're OK with Spanish maybe read the original............

http://www.catastro.minhap.gob.es/esp/r ... on_sec.asp
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Jane
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jane » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:57 am

Yes thanks, with a bit of searching I think I've now located the background to this. We have never received a letter about paying the original 60€ though and we were in Comares in Jan/Feb and at the end of last year. This is definately the first I've heard about it or we would have paid it before. My problem now is how to pay the 60€ plus the interest (12€) as it has to be paid at the bank. I can't fathom out whether there is a sort code/account number on the form that I could pay. Taking an urgent flight back to Spain to pay a 72€ bill seems a bit dramatic......

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:17 pm

Hi jane,
You could leave it until next out, probably up the Fine a bit............... :!:

Added:: Just looked on my Bank and Modelo 002 (along with loads of others ) can be paid on-line under the Tax tab..........have a look at your on-line Bank Access .. :!:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.