So are you in or out

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: So are you in or out

Postby costakid » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:51 pm

Undecided but wife is in. It seems only Russia and China want the UK out of the EU. My argument is one size never fits all. I think if the UK leave the union will collapse which will also be a major problem.
Purely for selfish reasons as we are Spanish property owners I should vote to stay in as it will make our life easier.

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Postby GerryinCajiz » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:58 pm

One in and one out here, postal votes sent a few weeks ago.
Gerry

GerryFelch
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby GerryFelch » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:19 pm

costakid wrote:Undecided but wife is in. It seems only Russia and China want the UK out of the EU. My argument is one size never fits all. I think if the UK leave the union will collapse which will also be a major problem.
China most definitely Does Not want the U.K to leave.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-36545639

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:19 pm

Outs in my family

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:28 pm

Lavanda, i can understand what you mean by your post...My OTH has seen so many changes in the village where his family still lives and where he was born...To be honest when i first went there 35yrs ago i thought i'd stepped into the past.. :lol: it was an eye opener..Since. i have seen many changes which are too many to list but the biggest changes are all the new motorways all over Andalucia and i don't think much of the modernisation would have happened without EU help...

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:40 pm

I agree. The EU is at its best when it quietly goes about the business of investing in the poorer parts of the EU and bringing them up to the standards of the richer parts. Of course, the money comes from the richer countries to start with BUT once the poorer bits are up-and-running they become active members of the EU rather then just a drain. It's a long-term project.

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:44 pm

Now, now ladies :-)
I thought this thread was just to count the votes, not to start a wider discussion.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:44 pm

Agreed. Spain has been a net contributor to the EU since 2012 (despite La Crisis) after years of being a net beneficiary, which is the way it is supposed to happen.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:54 pm

IN,

As will be 55% of voters.( sorry katy )

anyroads

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:56 pm

Couldn't help it Gus... :) after all it is an Andalucia forum...but nice to see you popping in... :)

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:21 pm

Lavanda wrote:I thought long and hard about this, as has everyone I know and I have voted IN. My OH is not voting. I wavered for OUT for ages but was swayed by all my friends in the Spanish village where I live. I couldn't vote OUT and deny the life I live here with the people I have come to love in a place I call home. If anyone ever wants to see the good and the positive that the EU can do, then come and visit this once poverty-stricken and medievally-depressed place and see how well we are doing today. I really think we are all better off IN and working together for the good of everyone.
We always knew it Lavanda :lol: Baroness Warsi Mark II. :lol:

Sad thing is that so many will sell their country down the river for a couple of euro to the pound. Anyone any plans in case Podemos get in and Spain goes the same way as Greece?

I'm going to have to think about it :silent: :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:22 pm

anyroads wrote:IN,

As will be 55% of voters.( sorry katy )

anyroads
Predicted :D

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:26 pm

Pamela1 wrote:Lavanda, i can understand what you mean by your post...My OTH has seen so many changes in the village where his family still lives and where he was born...To be honest when i first went there 35yrs ago i thought i'd stepped into the past.. :lol: it was an eye opener..Since. i have seen many changes which are too many to list but the biggest changes are all the new motorways all over Andalucia and i don't think much of the modernisation would have happened without EU help...
That's why the UK wants out we paid for em...and the Ave. plus the billions gone into the pockets of quite a few corrupt politicians and the Royal family.

How will Mark be voting :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:27 pm

costakid wrote:Undecided but wife is in. It seems only Russia and China want the UK out of the EU. My argument is one size never fits all. I think if the UK leave the union will collapse which will also be a major problem.
Purely for selfish reasons as we are Spanish property owners I should vote to stay in as it will make our life easier.
Wow, an honest man :thumbup:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:37 pm

maureenscot wrote:Outs in my family
Until last week my Daughter was voting remain, after the threatened budget fiasco she is Out. Grandson's first vote and he is out too. I do think remain will win by hook or by crook. An Austrian style stitch up or the fall out from project tragedee. I predict there will be trouble ahead.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:46 pm

In, of course, as I did get a vote

And if it is Remain on Friday The Conspiracy Theories will start. You know - rigging, hooky postal votes, 6 million Turks being sent a vote blah blah blah

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:55 pm

How will Mark be voting :lol:[/quote]

Mark will be voting with his sensible hat on Katy.. :thumbup:

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:55 pm

It's funny how Katy seems to feel that anyone voting Remain is "selling out the UK" rather than making a rational choice based on facts rather than fantasy. It's quite sad really how this referendum issue seems to have brought out her dark side :-)

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:01 pm

katy wrote:
maureenscot wrote:Outs in my family
Until last week my Daughter was voting remain, after the threatened budget fiasco she is Out. Grandson's first vote and he is out too. I do think remain will win by hook or by crook. An Austrian style stitch up or the fall out from project tragedee. I predict there will be trouble ahead.
I honestly do not know what will be the outcome....but yes, trouble ahead no matter which way it goes...i think the result will be close and we will have a country divided scenario...

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:22 pm

There is one thing if I had been a don't know the relentless insults from the remain camp and on here would have turned me to Brexit. However, I have been anti EU for almost as long as Corbyn has.