IBI

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
truebrit
Resident

IBI

Postby truebrit » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:57 am

Anyone in the Velez area received their IBI bill yet.?

Free at Last
Resident

Re: IBI

Postby Free at Last » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:15 am

I haven't. I think it's a bit too early yet, as far as I can remember they don't normally arrive until early August.

truebrit
Resident

Postby truebrit » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:25 am

Apparently they can be collected before then but not sure about post.

Red Dragon
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Red Dragon » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:34 am

Hello - I have property in Benahavis and have just paid my IBI and asked the catastro for a receipt. The receipt shows a 10% increase in my VC to 2015, and to the best of my knowledge the VC was the same for the last 3 years at least, although I only obtained official receipts for this year and last year because I was put onto the catastro office in Benahavis. My IBI has reduced even though the VC has increased because the applied percentage has reduced from 0.6% in 2015 to 0.4% in 2016. Has anyone had the same experience? Does the increase in VC constitute a revision in the catastral which means I can apply 1.1% instead of 2% to my 2016 imputed tax bill?

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:45 am

Its all Smoke and Mirrors

My 2015 VC has just about Halved since 2014 .... riddle me that ?

Red Dragon
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Red Dragon » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:58 am

The impact of a higher VC and reduced % has meant my IBI has reduced overall but, of course, the imputed tax will increase because of the VC increase. Benahavis catastro just confirmed it's a 10% VC increase, not a re-evaluation, so the 2% still applies for this year's tax bill.

Swings & roundabouts, as well as smoke & mirrors.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:08 pm

truebrit wrote:Anyone in the Velez area received their IBI bill yet.?
Received mine, by post, last week.
Slight increase from last year.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

marchamona
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby marchamona » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:55 am

Periana area. €404 taken from bank account last week. €60 increase on last year, (when it was up €80 from the year before).

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:06 am

Paid ours by direct debit last week. IBI, Basura and garage 535 euros. We pay £160 a month in the UK. GRRRRR

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:21 am

Ours has gone up 4.24€ to 186.86€ ........ Gerryh I bet your's wasn't much :)? I think you have the lowest IBI on the forum!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:28 pm

Hi,
Must cost more to produce Gerry's bill than he pays........discounted too..what's that all about........ :?:
Only two years ago.

"I usually get my bill in July and pay, by standing order, on the 8th or thereabouts of August.
My bill arrived today which shows €37.84, but with a Subvencion Provicional IBI 2014 (BOP Malaga) discount of €15.14.
€22.70 was taken from my bank account today."

How come some of you in same area pay so much more........ :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:47 pm

Enrique wrote:
How come some of you in same area pay so much more........ :?:
I think campo houses are cheaper and ours is only small too. We don't get a bill for basura for instance, and there are no other services out here in the sticks (although the ayuntamiento does maintain our track).

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:55 pm

I'm in the same municipality as Gerry but haven't yet received my bill, nor has the direct debit gone out of the bank.

Gerry's post referred to by Enrique mentions the discount given by the Diputación de Málaga which was a one-off for properties with a catastral value below a certain level. I got it in 2014 but not last year.

My full bill last year was €570 but I only had to pay €328 because of a discount I get from the Ayuntamiento. This began in 2008 when the catastral values were revised and the Ayuntamiento brought in a discount which amounted to 90% of the difference between the old bills and the new ones based on the revised catastral values. There were smaller percentage discounts for properties with higher catastral values. These discounts have continued every year since, automatically, and we haven't had to reapply for them. If I were to move to a new house in the same municipality, however, I wouldn't get it any longer, and anyone who moves into the municipality doesn't qualify either, even if the previous owners of the property received it.

As Wicksey says, houses in the campo and in small outlying villages have cheaper IBI bills than urban properties, because there are fewer municipal facilities and services in their areas. I live in the town centre thus mine is higher, although we don't get a separate bill for basura either.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:58 pm

This year's bill, including the €2.15 increase, is €42.14. :oops: :oops:
Agree it is ridiculously low.
I live in a small old but fully, and legally, modernised house with only a very small amount of land.Our track is not maintained by the local authority, just under 1 Km to the nearest basuras.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:16 pm

My bill was delivered by post today, the amount was exactly the same as last year. The direct debit hasn't been taken out of the bank yet, though.

Alcala Barry
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Alcala Barry » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:26 pm

Enrique

You are lucky - we have been trying to pay our IBI bills to the ayuntamiento for more than 18months. They seem to think we live in another house, which happens to be much larger and has an enormouse amount of land attached to it! We have even provided photographic evidence of where we live signed by an architect - and still no decision!
Desperately frustrating.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:30 pm

Aren't all the details of your property and its location on your escritura and don't they tie in with what is on the IBI bill Barry? Have you checked the catastro records to see that your house is listed correctly? I have known for people to have the wrong plot number on their deeds, but they should have spotted it as the map included in the escritura had shown a completely different shaped piece of land in a different area that didn't relate to theirs at all.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:11 pm

Hi Alcala Barry,

1) Have the Town Hall got your correct details supplied by you....... :?:
2) Or are they using "online" sites to get this info.......... :?:
3) If 2 above have you looked at these sites and checked your details........ :?:

Depending on the above I would pop down and see Mr Fixit........... Paco at V V Motors, he speaks English and has the ear of the Town Hall.........i.e. he has cousins working there.

I've used him over the years to smooth paths through the bureaucracy.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Alcala Barry
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Alcala Barry » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:34 pm

Yes, our escritura is correct. Our catastral number is correct also. The town hall is adamant that we live in another house and sent me a photo of the house. We have our (spanish) lawyer on the case and also an architect (also spanish) who has substantiated the fact that this is our house here and we live here and not at the one the town hall thinks. It is absolutely prepostrous. They have now sent an IBI bill to our lawyer that is for another person and another property!

The bizarre thing is that the electricty company knows where we live, as do the water company, our internet supplier, our bank, NIE details etc.

Yours in exasperation.

Barry

truebrit
Resident

Postby truebrit » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:59 pm

Just got my bill with my long awaited reduction. Only taken three years.