Deep sea fishing?

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Dr1Gonzo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Deep sea fishing?

Postby Dr1Gonzo » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:49 am

Any deep sea fishing operators in Motril?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Deep sea fishing?

Postby costakid » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:45 pm

Did you try Club Nautico de Motril.

Dr1Gonzo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dr1Gonzo » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:59 pm

Will try that although that club could be expensive?
Anything in Nerja?

Dr1Gonzo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dr1Gonzo » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:51 pm

costakid wrote:Did you try Club Nautico de Motril.
Will try although may be expensive.
Anything in Nerja also?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:08 pm

Also look at Puerto del Este near Almunicar. You can definitely rent fishing trips from there.

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:11 am

Do you mean Deep Sea fishing or Off Shore Fishing. Of shore loosely means no more than 5 Niles out to sea where you can still see land).

You can tell a deep sea boat by its fishing out riggers( like 2 or 4 large Ariel's) . If you can see one in a marina just ask the Marinero (a guy with a florescent vest) who own it and contact them direct

If its just Boat fishing, again ask the guy in the fluorescent vest - he'll know who takes out visitors.

approx. Prices for Deep Sea up to 250E/day
approx. prices for Boat fishing 30E for half day 65E for a full day

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:44 am

I used to organize these trips for myself and friends for 20 years though I did not do in Spain.
Your best bet is get a group, it will be min of 6 and up to 10 depending on the boat, you then just ask the boatman how much to hire him and boat for day? I be surprised if it more than €50 each if the boat can take 8 persons.
Someone mention Atlantic coast, Barbate would be the place to go but likely too far.

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:22 am

8 people on a small boat is usually 4 too many, but I agree with Wollie if you can make it to the Atlantic coast there is a much better chance of catching big, the med is just about fished out.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:56 am

The boats I speak of are purpose boats "half decks" deck 25-30ft so 8 comfortable the 4 corners and two each side ii the middle, I have seen some where they can fish from the back which can take 2 more but this too many.
You stand up and about 4ft to top rail, it can be a fun day out with a few codgers...
We also caught a shark one time but lost it at the edge of boat as two of us had him hooked and the lines broke each other..

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:51 pm

I know the sort of boats you mean - they are very popular in the UK - But where do you see boats like that in Spain ?

Dr1Gonzo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dr1Gonzo » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:25 pm

Martin Page wrote:Do you mean Deep Sea fishing or Off Shore Fishing. Of shore loosely means no more than 5 Niles out to sea where you can still see land).

You can tell a deep sea boat by its fishing out riggers( like 2 or 4 large Ariel's) . If you can see one in a marina just ask the Marinero (a guy with a florescent vest) who own it and contact them direct

If its just Boat fishing, again ask the guy in the fluorescent vest - he'll know who takes out visitors.

approx. Prices for Deep Sea up to 250E/day
approx. prices for Boat fishing 30E for half day 65E for a full day
I was thinking like swordfish and sailfish but I guess that's not gonna happen in the Med.
What can be caught 5 miles out?

Martin Page
Resident

Postby Martin Page » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:15 pm

I have no idea what's being caught in the med-
The most common fish on the Atlantic side are Red and Black bream, ChaCharo- which is a large white Mackerel, Bonito, John Dorys, Trigger fish, Boroquete (thick lipped Grunt), 2 types of bass. Wrasse are a plague fish, but there are no crabs to steal your bait.
Most fish take calamari, poton, or razorfish. Small Baits on medium hooks (size 4-01) Fished on the very bottom. For Bass you'll need a spinner set at 2 meters below the surface at about 2-3 knots and fish sonar to find the shoals.
Average size is above 1kg
You can get shark in the Med, Usually the Blues but, again I've never seen anyone fishing for them