Am I missing something?

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Re: Am I missing something?

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:45 am

I'm not sure that I agree with the idea that 'it's all about perception'.

I would suggest that it is more about reality, if a pensioner suddenly loses 20% of their income it does pose a serious problem for them.
And you could say that everyone should make provision for the see-saw rates, however that is very difficult for anyone living on a very limited income.

Pensioners need and should have stability of income etc. instead of having to continually worry about their futures .

From my own personal observations I see many people struggling but trying hard to manage with what they have and making the most of it, but it's a real shame that people who worked hard all of their lives and paid their way are now being subjected to shoddy treatment by politicians ,most who have no real clue about the lives of 'ordinary people'.

Have a Nice Day everyone.....if you can !

Regards,
Gordon

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:00 am

BENIDORM wrote:
I would suggest that it is more about reality, if a pensioner suddenly loses 20% of their income it does pose a serious problem for them.
But if their income had gone up 20% over a short period, then subsequently losing 20% is an entirely different situation.

Sid

Torrox_campo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Torrox_campo » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:03 pm

We used Brittany ferry Postmouth-Santander 3 times so far and going to Santander again this October. We are non-resisdent and have been going to CDS twice a year, each time we stay over 2 months so fly and hire a car would be more expensive.
By joining the club the ticket is reduced by 30% and this October crossing costs us £460 return each time with a cabin. The actual costs for car + 2 people is about £260 (carbin about £200, no reduced cost). We have tried crossing through France but it was more expensive, motorway and hotel costs.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:44 pm

Thanks T_C, useful info instead of snidy comments....
There is a family wedding in May near Faversham, adding to the mix! Do we go at all? Fly & rely on lifts to and fro? Fly and hire? Drive, and if so which route? Looking at it logically the chunnel would dump us within a short drive, but are we willing to risk the scrotes around Calais?
At the end of the day it will be our cat that decides - he is 19+ so we would only put him through a short stay in the cat-hotel!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Torrox_campo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Torrox_campo » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:02 pm

Please note that October - December return isn't "in season" hence cheaper and both time we will be travelling on the Pont-Aven, the flag ship of Brittany Ferry Co, tickets cost is more but the journey time is shorter compared to the economie class.