Anyone know what the cost of an X-'Ray at Hospital Velez

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Free at Last
Resident

Re: Anyone know what the cost of an X-'Ray at Hospital Velez

Postby Free at Last » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:39 pm

Dunflittin68 wrote: Thanks for the info on the translation service by telephone. I did notice the translaters at the bottom of the hospital by the lift when we started using the wards entrance. Before that we were trying to access the wards through the A & E (as we didn't know there was another entrance) and were getting the cold shoulder, the Reception kept pointing to the poster on the wall telling us visitors were only allowed twice per day, instead of which on the wards I was told by the Familiar Liason worker that we could stay 24/7 if we wished.
The normal policy at the hospital is that each patient is allowed one "acompañante" who can stay with the patient 24/7 if they wish to (that person is issued with a pass naming them as such so the staff know they are entitled to be there). Other visitors are limited to the set visiting hours and there ae supposed to be no more than 2 at once, athough that may not always be strictly observed.

Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dunflittin68 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:57 pm

To be honest, although the medical service was very good in the hospital my husband was not impressed by the number of visitors the man in the next bed was having in the middle of the night, arriving sometimes at 12 midnight and they would talk to each other (not quietly as per usual for the Spanish) and he could get no sleep at all. They were coming and going at all times. He was glad to get out to be honest, it was worse than a railway station.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:00 pm

Well, that's the way it is in Spain. The family is expected to do a lot of the things that nurses would do in the UK so they have more access.. At least the wards are only normally 2 beds.

Sid

Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dunflittin68 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:50 pm

Yes it was only two beds but he neveer got any sleep for 5 days. He said it was too noisy, he even had to get the fella's wife out of the bathroom one night at 2.a.m. because she had locked herself in ! This is my hubby who was delirious with fever and didn't know where he was and could hardly put one foot in front of the other ! A bit much I think. He even said the wife was drunk the one night when she came in to sit with him and the rest of the family had to take her home and the granddaughter stayed with him. True or not I don't know but I don't really think they know who is coming or going when they allow 24/7 visiting.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:24 am

Although I have had quite a lot of friends that have used the NHS service here (mainly for cancer unfortunately) and they could not fault the service, it was the time they spent in a hospital bed that was the worst due to the noise of the other patient's constant visitors and the TV being on. I thought that they were going to restrict the time and number of visitors but obviously not. They have all complained that they couldn't sleep due to the noise which isn't good when you are ill!

Re Bernadette's fees, perhaps she has different charges for people who use her whilst on holiday here. She is quite generous with us but then we have been using her for years now and so are regular patients of hers.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:04 am

Dunflittin68 wrote:Yes it was only two beds but he neveer got any sleep for 5 days. He said it was too noisy, he even had to get the fella's wife out of the bathroom one night at 2.a.m. because she had locked herself in ! This is my hubby who was delirious with fever and didn't know where he was and could hardly put one foot in front of the other ! A bit much I think. He even said the wife was drunk the one night when she came in to sit with him and the rest of the family had to take her home and the granddaughter stayed with him. True or not I don't know but I don't really think they know who is coming or going when they allow 24/7 visiting.
Same with me, it was hell. And the lady had visitors all times of the night and day and lots of men and I had to keep going to the loo as often as every 30 mins and I had had major surgery and only had a ward dress on so was half naked and had to keep wrapping myself up. Also the niece who stayed did nothing at all for the lady as she was quite able to do things for herself all the niece did was watch the television. It was a dreadful experience. My first day down from theater and in so much pain and the noise and the television flashing in my face and with 3 or 4 people there up until midnight. Nightmare. I kept asking them to be quiet and turn the TV off but to no avail.

Worst experience I have ever had. I will never have surgery again here, I shall run back to the UK.

Cannot fault the surgeon though. Marvelous, but the rules of having people there - horrendous - also there is a rule that all visitors should leave by 8pm I think but no one took any notice of that.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dunflittin68 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:44 am

Free at Last wrote:I think it will be covered by the EHIC. A couple of years ago I went to A&E with a friend to translate for them as her daughter had broken her arm whilst on holiday here. After the fracture was x-rayed, aligned and plastered initially, we went back for two follow-up appointments when further x-rays were taken and at the last one she was given a copy of the x-rays on a CD to take back to the fracture clinic in the UK. All of it was covered by the EHIC.
Can you tell me how long it takes for the hospital appointment to get the X-Ray done once you see the doctor? We went to register at the state clinic but have had to wait for an appointment with the doctor in Torrox Pueblo.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:54 am

Time can vary: we have been sent upstairs from physio for immediate xray, or waited up to a couple of weeks for the appointment to come by mail. Don't be surprised if you get, say, an 8pm time, as they (wisely) use the fact that there has to be a radiographer on duty 24/7 so pop a few non-emergency appointments in.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dunflittin68 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:01 am

Sent upstairs at the Torrox Pueblo clinic for an X-Ray ? My husband's was supposed to be done at Velez State Hospital.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:18 am

No - we were sent upstairs from the physio department at Hospital Comarcal!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:57 am

Dunflittin68 wrote: Can you tell me how long it takes for the hospital appointment to get the X-Ray done once you see the doctor? We went to register at the state clinic but have had to wait for an appointment with the doctor in Torrox Pueblo.
I made the follow up appointments for our friends' daughter directly with the Traumatología desk at the hospital, because we had the discharge report from Urgencias saying that another X-ray was required after a week. They gave us appointments (two of them) about a week in advance and had to go directly to X-ray before the Traumatología appointment then wait to see the doctor who could then call up the x-rays on screen.

Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dunflittin68 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:31 pm

Well Velez hospital told us to arrange a follow up X-Ray in one month and that we needed to do it through a state clinic. This is why we registered with Torrox Pueblo but I just wondered how long it will take following the doctor's appointment at the clinic for the X-Ray appointment to come through.