Seville. Hop on/off Bus.

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Metropolitan01
Tourist

Seville. Hop on/off Bus.

Postby Metropolitan01 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:36 pm

Hi, My wife and I are off to Seville for 4 nights in November, does anyone know if you can purchase a ticket at your hotel. How long is the entire tour, and is a river trip included within the price.
Many Thanks
Mick

Free at Last
Resident

Re: Seville. Hop on/off Bus.

Postby Free at Last » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:07 pm

We go to Sevile every November and it is an ideal time to visit, weather wise, although you will need a jacket/sweater in the evenings.

According to their website the bus has 2 routes which take 1.5 hours each. The river trip is not included in the price but there is a discount of €5 off the price of the river trip for tourist bus customers.

https://sevilla.busturistico.com/promoc ... sivas.html

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:57 pm

Things may have changed over the years, but when we went some 10 years or so ago in November , an awful lot of places were shut, and they were doing lots of repair work as it was out of season :-(

We did a bus trip & as far as I can remember, you just turn up at your nearest stop....
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:03 am

We've been every November for the past 10 years and have never found places closed. There will usually be some renovation projects taking place (last year it was the Mercado Arenal) but they can last a lot longer than just a few months. I'm not sure Seville has an "out of season" any more, it is busy all year round.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:01 am

Seville is quite compact and we found that we could walk it all. Only on one day when it started to pour with rain did we catch a bus back to our hotel. I think we took the C5 which did a circular route round the city centre.
http://www.andalucia.com/cities/seville ... s_tram.htm