Recommendation for new car hire

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
alisonb
Resident

Recommendation for new car hire

Postby alisonb » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:41 pm

I needed to hire a car for 24 hours from the airport. I was looking at around 40-50 euros, allowing for fuel etc. I looked at Atlas Choice, who I don't normally use as they don't tell you who you are with until you are booked. Since they only wanted £10 for the day, including full/full fuel, I decided I could walk away from it if it were a problem.

The confirmation came through for Autoclick. I'd never heard of them but decided to go for it anyway. What a surprise! They were wonderful. Friendliest staff I have ever dealt with (on a par with Helle Hollis), the car was what I had booked -Fiat 500, no hassle when I said I had my own insurance excess policy. I was going to be an hour late collecting it, so rang up and spoke to Daniel, who told me no problem. When I arrived, the first thing Inma asked was did I want a glass of water as it was so hot. when I returned it, they checked it over, signed off for no damage, and took us to the airport.

Looking at Autoclicks website, the prices aren't much more than I paid to Atlas, so I would happily book direct with them. I am so impressed! They've only been at the airport since December last year, so I guess they are wanting to build up clientele. Well, they've got me! Would recommend them to anyone. And no, I haven't taken a job in retirement, I am absolutely nothing to do with this company.
AlisonB

maureenscot
Resident

Re: Recommendation for new car hire

Postby maureenscot » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:17 pm

Thank you. Positive news. I will have look

Roz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Roz » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:40 am

Thanks for you feedback, worth checking out. Where is their depot in relation to the airport?

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:58 am

They're on the right hand side as you drive into the airport on the old road, next to all the parking offices.
AlisonB

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:07 pm

Thanks alison.good to know

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:31 pm

Just an update. I hired a Ford Focus estate from Autoclick for 4 days, and can confirm my previous experience wasn't a fluke. Once again, it all went smoothly, the staff were really pleasant and helpful and the car only had 7 km on it when I picked it up
AlisonB

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:08 pm

hopefully all the rip off merchants will fade away or get there act together.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:40 pm

They're a lot more expensive than firefly thru DYS, just booked a week in December for €22.

I wasn't too impressed bynFirefly a few years ago but folks on here tell me they've changed.

I'll report back

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:03 am

We hired with Firefly about 12 months ago, and they were ok apart from waiting over an hour in the airport car park to collect it. Staff were average car hire types. We also had to wait a while when we returned it as we wanted it checking before we left
AlisonB

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:04 pm

Alison was that wait at a peak time, peak season? When I last used them the wait was quite long but it was june or July I think. As for drop off that worried me as there was no one there, so we just had to park it and put the keys through the letterbox. They didn't "discover" any scratches or damage though.

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:57 pm

We picked it up 6th April, so not the middle of summer
AlisonB

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:26 am

Ok, for some areas the last gasp of the easter hols.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:44 am

Picked up family at the airport a couple of days ago and saw the autoclick office. Very big office next to HH. You cant miss it. Look quite impressive

elizabennett
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elizabennett » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:11 pm

Just back from Malaga. We used Firefly this time, and they were very good, by comparison with Goldcar.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:02 pm

Read up on autoclick after reading this earlier thread. Theres been some terrible things said about the on tripadvisor re using a high powered torch to look for the slightest mark and charging €100s .also charging for seat cleaning etc. Hellie hollos and malagarcar.com seem to have the best rep.

Firefly are the budget sister of hertz. They used to have a bad rep when they first started to the rounds cant say i know so much as to what they are like now

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:52 pm

I've hired with Autoclick at Malaga 4 times now, and have only praise for them. The return point for the cars is in a big warehouse with only artificial lighting, so they put the cars under a floodlight to check them. I haven't had a problem with any damage, despite taking it into the campo every time. It's difficult to tell on trip advisor which office is being referred to. I've seen several bad reviews for them at Mallorca but the criticism of Malaga was about not refunding the excess. They don't take the money from the card, they just block it, so there's no refund to be made. I suspect someone has been looking for a refund without checking that there was a matching debit. If you use insurance other than the hire company's own, you will have to pay for damage then claim it back. All companies operate this policy. My only criticism of Autoclick is the size of the excess, but it's no bigger than the like of Record etc. I was pleasantly surprised when I hired with Helle Hollis how low the excess was. Having said that, their hire rates are usually much more expensive than the others
AlisonB