Licence of First Occupancy

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
jogger
Resident

Licence of First Occupancy

Postby jogger » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:24 pm

Hi just a quick question. The house we are buying has some paperwork missing to show the house is legal so our solicitor is dealing with it and getting the vendors solicitor to liaise with the town hall. The house is about 90 years old will it have or need a Licence of First Occupancy as my mate said walk away if it doesn't have one. Saying that I have great faith in our solicitor but just curious really.
Last edited by jogger on Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Licence of First Occupancy

Postby country boy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:12 pm

I think from memory that the Mayor needs to sign a "certificate of antiquity" as it is that old and has probably never been registered.
Last edited by country boy on Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

jogger
Resident

Postby jogger » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:23 pm

Ok, thanks country boy.

jogger
Resident

Postby jogger » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:51 pm

The property has no SAFO / DAFO so we are waiting to see if the vendor gets one but he expects us to pay for it. On doing some research even with the certificate, it is still very restrictive so I think it looks like the house search just might be back on, even though we loved the house.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:05 pm

No house over 40 years old will have a LFO. DOFU works just fine for us and managed to get all the town hall permits for improvements with it.

If you want the LFO then you're limited to houses built over the last 30 years or so.

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:40 pm

Hola

Walk away - Decree 2/2012 AFO is restrictive (you cannot rebuild the house or extend, only maintain). The Junta is I believe the final arbitor - not the Ayuntamiento

All the above has to be proven in court and the Decree itself is under investigation for further modification

Davexf

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:48 pm

I agree with dfx. There are lots of houses for sale with vendors willing to do backward somersaults to get a sale at a reasonable price. If this vendor really wants to sell he will pay for the paperwork. Anything lacking all correct papers including correct valor catastral and up to date entry in the land registry should be walked away from.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

jogger
Resident

Postby jogger » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:08 pm

Thanks Dave , Davefx and Peter we are going to walk away and will be over in a couple of weeks to continue our search.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:06 am

As much as it hurts to walk away from your dream house you must do it. The dream could turn into a nightmare very quickly.

jogger
Resident

Postby jogger » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:16 am

Exactly costakid which is what we thought, although I can't help feel a bit guilty letting down the estate agent who is really good and the vendor but I wouldn't be thinking that if we ended up with a load of problems. We will keep the lawyer as she is very good.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:53 pm

I know of an absolutely gorgeous town house in our pueblo that is for sale. What are you looking for? This has stunning patios and terraces but of course, if you want land it wouldn't suit you.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:26 pm

As I say no house over 40 years old will have a LFO.

As long as Catastro and Land registry all in order and DOFU issued no problem. I do agree vender should pay for all necessary documents.

Ask any solicitor and they will advise on what is required to buy an old house. It is a nonsense to dismiss any old house that hasn't got a LFO.

So don't walk away - ask a solicitor rather than us know it all!

jogger
Resident

Postby jogger » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:21 pm

IreneD wrote:I know of an absolutely gorgeous town house in our pueblo that is for sale. What are you looking for? This has stunning patios and terraces but of course, if you want land it wouldn't suit you.
Hi Irene, just a simple 2/3 bed townhouse. A bit of outside space as in roof terrace, If not two bathrooms , room to put one in, that's it really.

Thanks
Roy

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:48 pm

Jogger,
I'm not quite sure what area you are looking at now, I'm in Loja ,Granada area and there are some real bargains around, for instance I know of a 'bank repo.' recent build house in a busy big village 2/3 bedrooms roof terrace,small garage and at a 'give-away-price'.
Can I suggest that you try to find a house by 'word of mouth', I'm sure that there are plenty of members here who could 'tip you off'.
Good Luck,
Regards,
Gordon

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:17 pm

Will PM you with a link, Roy. I know the owner so I'm sure could arrange for you to view the house if you like it.

jogger
Resident

Postby jogger » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:57 pm

Thanks Gordon, I like the idea of Loja area but my OH thinks it might be a bit far. I've had a look on Kyero and it does look good to me. Is that house you talk about on kyero or do you have a link.
Cheers
Roy

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:13 pm

Hello Roy,
I will send you the details by pm tomorrow .!
We weren't really sure if coming inland was a good idea at first, we previously always lived at the coast in Spain/England and I was born just a short distance from the sea, however no problem, we are really glad we moved here.
I would suggest that it would be best for you to check out the inland areas before you make any decisions, I think that you could be pleasantly surprised.!
Regards,
Gordon.

jogger
Resident

Postby jogger » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:25 pm

We will do, in fact we quite like Villanueva Del Trabuco, a town with lots going on and plenty of facilities, so we are going t check that area out as well thanks Gordon

Roy

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:10 pm

Hi jogger, I've sent you a pm
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:32 am

I will be really glad when this thread moves off the 'active' list....I know I am a pedant but the misspelt heading grates every time I see it!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.