CATS WITH KIDNEY DISEASE

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
patricia
Andalucia Guru

CATS WITH KIDNEY DISEASE

Postby patricia » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:18 pm

Just to mention a site if your cat has kidney disease. Both of my cats have now had kidney disease and my cat Coco died - or was put to sleep - in August of 2014. At that time I had no idea about kidney disease in cats and the vets were non the wiser so I googled and have found a wonderful site called Tanyas site for CKD cats. I do not know if I am allowed to put the forum on here, but there is a wonderful forum where there are dozens of people who have experience treating CKD cats and I was grateful for their advice all the way though Coco´s battle with CKD they helped me with what were the best tablets or what worked with what and what they did and how they helped. Obviously it is best to work with a vet, but vets do not know all there is to know on CKD because there is so much going on and so many medications. But their help was invaluable and I could not have managed without them.

Now my second cat has been diagnosed with CKD. It is an early diagnoses because I decided to have routine blood and urine tests done on a six month basis and my second cat is at stage 2 which means that her crea and bun are not too high and at the moment I am giving her medication to off set stomach acid which is a classic symptom of Kidney Disease and now that I have the famous Lick e lIx she can have her meds in that because she is not easy to pill in that she is very nervous cat and would end up a nervous wreck if I kept having to catch her and pill her and so far so good.

But I do just want to mention the site because it is wonderful if you are treating a cat with kidney disease. There is a book form also but if you look the site up you will see that even vets use it.

Just thought I would let you know in case you have a cat with kidney disease or and need support. It is not easy to deal with because some of the symptoms are alarming but can be overcome with the right meds.

For me it was a struggle to find a vet who would help out. I have now found a decent vet in Competa who is a bit more with it and goes to the UK every month or so to help in one of the hospitals which carry out surgery and so he is - in my opinion anyway - a little bit more forward thinking and didnt mind me giving him the details of Tanya´s site. It is helpful to all both vets and owners.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

Gasman
Resident

Re: CATS WITH KIDNEY DISEASE

Postby Gasman » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:13 pm

Thanks Patricia - useful information for cat lovers ...

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Re: CATS WITH KIDNEY DISEASE

Postby patricia » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:22 pm

:thumbup:
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"