Walk. Malaga centro to El Palo.

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Walk. Malaga centro to El Palo.

Postby Devils Advocate » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:47 am

Guys, anyone done this walk or know anything about the route please? I've just tried Google Streetview but it's not conclusive.

We jumped the no.11 bus to El Tintero last May and I suggested maybe walking back along the coast to Malaga. With it being a hazy blob in the distance the OH was not too enthusiastic and cited wrong shoes and 78 degrees heat as a reason to hop the no. 11 back again :mrgreen:

Anyway back there shortly and still fancy walking one way of the journey. So, is it all footpath/paseo from Malaga? or are there loads of roads and traffic to negotiate? It's looking like about a 4 mile or so jaunt but again I may be out with that. I think the congested 35 minute bus journey makes her think it's a marathon!

Anybody done it who can give me a description of the route please?

Many thanks as always.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Walk. Malaga centro to El Palo.

Postby costakid » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:01 am

Its very straight forward. You could walk it in high heels if you wanted as its all pathway no beach unless you want to walk on sand. We walk from La Cala del moral into Malaga sometimes and then bus back. El Tintero to Centro is about 45 minute to an hour depending on your pace and if you stop for a half or 2. I can tell you about some nice places along the route if you want me to later.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:11 am

Very helpful Costa as always, appreciate that muchly.

I take it we'd pick the path up in Malaga via walking to the end of the "Pier" at the port by where the big passenger ships moor up?

Sounds an ideal walk the way you've explained it.

Many thanks.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:21 pm

Walk past the bars in the port and head towards the old Antonio Martin restaurant at Malaguetta.You can walk all the way through the port or there are a couple of short cuts. You then follow the footpath next to the beach all the way to El Palo. 100 meters past El Baneario (well worth a pitstop) turn right and walk down to a path which goes all the way along the seafront to Rincon Del la Victoria. There must be 100 bars and restaurants along that walk with lots of little fish restaurants selling very good food at sensible price.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:10 pm

Many thanks again CK for that info. and advice, very , very helpful. Looking forward to it now!

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:23 pm

Once you get to La Malagueta area just on the outskirts of the city, I'd suggest turning a couple of blocks inland and continuing along Paseo de Reding until you come to the Plaza de Toros (which is just before reaching the start of the Muelle Uno development along the waterfront). There are lots of really beautiful old 19th century houses along that road, and some very nice café/bar/restaurants too if you're in need of a rest!