online rail ticket procedure

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Azabache

online rail ticket procedure

Postby Azabache » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:40 am

The last time we booked and printed tickets online we hit a problem. We were told at the station that the tickets we booked had to be 'verified', 'registered' or 'validated', could not understand what was required. We were eventually allowed on the train but on return, same problem. Luckily someone was able to help or we would have been barred from the train!! Has the procedure changed or can we expect a similar problem this time? Surely once booked and paid, that should be enough?

jamesbowker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: online rail ticket procedure

Postby jamesbowker » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:58 am

When I have bought on-line tickets, which were downloaded as a pdf document, previously they did not need to be validated but these were for long distance journeys. I think the procedure is different for local or "cercanias" trains. There is detailed information here http://www.seat61.com/Spain-trains.htm

WomBatt
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: online rail ticket procedure

Postby WomBatt » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:20 pm

Never had a problem as you describe in forty years. There is many a guide on the web, including that on seat61. A hugely comprehensive and up to date guide is on TripAdvisor.
My afterthought - did you buy your tickets from an agency or from RENFE?