Estate Agent/ Property rental

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
debaura
Tourist

Estate Agent/ Property rental

Postby debaura » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:54 am

Good Morning!

Can anyone recommend good estate agents firstly around Cadiz
and then Nerja please?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Estate Agent/ Property rental

Postby costakid » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:28 am

Thats the equivalent of saying I am not sure if I want to live in London or Manchester.

debaura
Tourist

Postby debaura » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:09 am

Yeah, well I'm coming over and I would like to look at the prices of property for each area, online if possible, rental at first. So maybe if you know one or the other I could have look, thanks. Cadiz way I am looking to surf.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:42 pm

If you google Estate Agents in Nerja you will find lots. Most are multi lingual. Cadiz way you may need to speak a bit of Spanish.

debaura
Tourist

Postby debaura » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:42 pm

OK thanks, any recommendation in particular? I will come over rent somewhere and then come back to the UK to fetch my pets etc., so I need a trustworthy EA. Thanks

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:08 pm

Trustworthy EA? :lol:
Why not just look at idealista.com? Sales & rentals for any area in Spain you want, but right now it sounds a bit like you're asking how long is a piece of string.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:52 pm

" I would like to look at the prices of property for each area, online if possible, "

www.kyero.com
nil illegitimum carborundum

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:12 am

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:48 pm

I would suggest that you make arrangements for a rental, say in Cadiz area, first, then view local estate agents when you are there (having done some internet searches prior to arrival to see what prices you can expect). Suggest AirBnB or Booking.com for an initial rental and take it from there once you are down there. Make sure you have wifi so you can then surf on the internet for the other areas you might like to visit, or again book in advance for a cheapish rental for a month in the Nerja area. For visiting the areas initially you don't need to book your rental via an estate agent, but for longer term it would be advisable and then with those local agents you can see what is available either for rental or for purchase. Will you have a car available or are you flying down? You really need your own transport to make a trip worthwhile.

bernipops3
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bernipops3 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:37 pm

Try Lesley and Derek at http://www.cadizcasa.com. They helped us when we were looking to buy and also when we recently sold. They also do rentals.

Gloops
Tourist

Postby Gloops » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:31 pm

Take care with Estate Agents in Nerja, a lot of them work from home and poach properties from other Agents. Be very careful when handing over deposits or any other kind of payment, you may never see it again.

Unfortunately Estate Agents are not regulated in Spain as they are in the UK.

debaura
Tourist

Postby debaura » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:28 am

Thank you people for your kind replies. You are right, gasman, I think I need to bring my own car down and have a drive about. Thank you bernipops3 for your recommendation, I will look them up now, and thanks Gloops, sound advice!

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:05 am

Every agent in nerja seems to advertise each others properties and hope to get a finders fee in the process and the prices vary alot. Find a house for sale on one site 10's of thousands of euros less than on another is the norm. Just hope you pick the right website to save you a few €! Im sure theres some but ive yet to see any brit agents that are anything more than wide boy/girls who came over during the boom and thought you know what ill become an estate agent.

debaura
Tourist

Postby debaura » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:27 pm

Thanks elusive, I'm starting to realize this. :crazy:

debaura
Tourist

Postby debaura » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:28 pm

bernipops3 wrote:Try Lesley and Derek at http://www.cadizcasa.com. They helped us when we were looking to buy and also when we recently sold. They also do rentals.
Thanks!