food hygiene course

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
Rogue
Andalucia.com Amigo

food hygiene course

Postby Rogue » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:27 pm

Does anyone know if a uk food hygiene course acceptable in Spain, or do I need to take one in Spain. If so, Can anyone recommend an online course? Thanks in advance

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: food hygiene course

Postby costakid » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:35 pm

I will give you your 1st lesson for free. Always wash your hands when you have used the toilet. Believe it or not there are lots in Spain who don't.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:29 pm

Both sexes too. urghh!

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:34 pm

On a sensible note. Our food hygiene in England is far more stringent than it is here. You just have to look at the Ferias to see how seriously they take it. Feria time, all and sundry are preparing and cooking and serving food. However, they do have Inspectors who call about once every few months. What they check dont know but they do take a sample of food away with them.. As for the certificate, I have been told that it is much harder for Foreigners than for Spaniards, how, I dont know, but I do know it takes longer for us than them. Something that happened not that long ago was the incident of the Tuesday market where fresh food stalls were closed down, because of lack of refrigeration amongst other things. On the other side of the coin, during a Feria, fresh food can sit around for hours on end, sometimes in the baking sun. Goose and Gander spring to mind.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:00 pm

I was being serious.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:57 pm

A food hygiene certificate accompanied by a plastic credit card style card is acceptable throughout the E U.