Algarve Toll Roads

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
jaycecampo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Algarve Toll Roads

Postby jaycecampo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:16 am

Travelling to the Algarve from Malaga shortly. The Toll road situation seems to be a mine field. Has anyone traveled recently ? We will be driving around the Algarve for 4 days. What is the easiest and best option ?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Algarve Toll Roads

Postby costakid » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:57 am

There was something on here a while ago about paying on your credit card via your car reg number. Not sure how that works if you are on Spanish plates. Scroll back a couple of months in the motoring section.

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:52 pm

In a Spanish reg car when going on the motorway, If you stop at the first garage after the border and tell him where you are going, he reads the car reg ( parked where he can see it, or you tell him ) then he issues the toll receipt. Never had a problem but the car is usually returning to Spain the same day. There are machines at the border and most of time someone to help if you need it. It needs a bank card, not sure which countries it now excepts. A few years ago it accepted my UK debit card but not my Spanish credit card. The easiest option for me has been the garage.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:00 pm

We travelled last april on spanish plates. Stopped at the machines just over the border. Put in a spanish card. Think it was a debit.you get a reciept and thats it. It clocks you everytime.it lasts for a month so once you leave portugal you can go online and end it or just wait for tje month to end and they take the amount owed

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:03 pm

Let's go Brandon!

jaycecampo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jaycecampo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:23 pm

Thanks everyone, very helpful. I have been reading a lot of information which sounded so complicated. But now I understand the system. Thanks again