Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
nevillewillmott
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby nevillewillmott » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:29 pm

I actually have 3 numbers:-

- Expendiente/Referencia(no. registro asignado)

- Codigo Seguro de Verificacion

- Numero de Justificante

So, I think things should be OK

Que pases feliz fiesta

cattod
Tourist

Postby cattod » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:16 pm

I purchased a property in September 2013. I see now that the valor catastral has been updated in November 2013 and both values for land and construction have been increased by 10%. Technically it is obvious the valor catastral has been revised but the ponencia for the municipality still says Año efecto 1990. Anyone happens to know on what basis the 1.1 coefficient was applied? Feels like a sneaky way to extract more money and I would be wise to continue to use Valor Catastral * .02 when calculating taxes, right?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:04 pm

Yes. You have to use the date of revision that is published in the BOE. They can actually increase the valor catastral without having a full-scale revision.
Let's go Brandon!

cattod
Tourist

Postby cattod » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:02 pm

Thank you Beachcomber, Merry Christmas!

CielodeCadiz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby CielodeCadiz » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:02 am

Greetings everybody and best for the holidays.

We are Americans who own a small flat in Cadiz and just now catching up to the non-residents "imputed" income tax.

I haven't had time to go through all 50 (!) pages on this thread, so I apologize if my query is redundant.

I am not sure I understand how fines/interest are assessed when paying back taxes. Am I correct in assuming we just add in the proper amount according to interest schedules and then the Agencia Tributaria informs us of any fines due? Or would we just pay each year's amount and then they ask us for interest and possibly assess a fine?

Finally, what kind of time window is showing up? Can we expect that the AT actually reviews property records, determines if non-residents own, and then pursue those non-residents for the back taxes/interest/fines? Or do these simply manifest themselves when non-residents go to transfer deeds, i.e., sell their property? Has anybody heard of bank accounts actually being embargoed for non-payment?

Thanks one & all. And a most impressive effort at informing us ex-pat Spanish property owners!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:30 am

If you are catching up with previous years you just pay the appropriate basic amount according to the tax rates applicable to each individual year as detailed in the FAQ. AEAT will subsequently send demands for payment of fines and surcharges according to the calculations shown.

Enforcement of the payment of non-resident taxes is a bit hit and miss but they are gradually catching up and anyone not having paid any taxes will be assumed to be fiscal residents unless, they can prove otherwise, with all the implications including those of not having made an asset declaration.
Let's go Brandon!

jogger
Resident

Postby jogger » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:30 pm

For me we are buying and should complete on our house in January. What steps will I have to take about the non-resident tax. We should become resident before the end of next year?
Thanks
Roy

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:16 am

The deadline for the payment of non-resident income tax for 2017 is the 31st December 2018 payable pro rata to the number of days the property was owned in 2017.
Let's go Brandon!

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:31 am

Hi. We've been paying our taxes the last couple of years with our digital certificates. I just noticed that they expire at the end of 2107. I know it's pretty early to be worrying about it, but does anyone know how far ahead I need to renew them? I found where we can do it on the Sede website, but I couldn't find information about when we should do it.

Thanks.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:07 am

Hi ericsbcn,
You can renew two (2) months before they run out............found some more info............... well 60 days

Translated via Google...........................from official AEAT site...............

http://www.agenciatributaria.es/AEAT.in ... nico.shtml

During the 60 days before its expiration and that in addition the certificate that is going to be used in the renewal would have been obtained through face-to-face accreditation in a term of less than 5 years.

The last part of the above would be a good reason the get a CL@ve

Might be worth setting up a CL@ve .................as they are adding more site options..........

We had a look at it the other year ....... :D

http://andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... in#p362044
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:32 pm

Thanks, Enrique. I didn't know that thing about showing up in person every five years. Good to know. Also thanks for the info about the Cl@ve. I looked at some of the information, though, and I'm not sure it will help me.

According to this page: https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AE ... GF00.shtml , you can only use a digital signature to submit Form 210, not a Cl@ve. But maybe that will change. It also seems like you need to be able to receive an SMS to get a PIN. I don't know if that will work for me since I'm in the US. I'm not sure they can send an SMS to a US phone number. But I'll give it all a try anyway, just in case.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi ericsbcn,

"I didn't know that thing about showing up in person every five years".............me too until this morning, I've already used up my renewal and as it will be seven years when I renew again...........another trip to Spain will be on the cards............ :D

Hopefully by then the CL@ve will be up to speed on all the sites............................. 8)

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:46 pm

Hey! FIrefox works!

As I remember, the discussion here lately has been that only IE and older versions of Firefox work with the online version of Form 210 now. But I just tried with the latest Firefox (50.1.0) on Windows 10 and got it to work.

I did it a different way that the previous times, though. So that's probably why. Previously, I used this link to get to the form:
https://www1.agenciatributaria.gob.es/e ... tml?idi=EN. I think I had it saved from the FAQ or earlier in this thread the first time I did it a couple of years ago.

It would just continually say "loading" and that's it. The above link works in IE11, though. So I have just been using IE lately. But I tried getting to the form from the main page of the Tax Agency Electronic Office (https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AE ... icio.shtml) and then navigating to the form like this:
- Taxes and fees
- Non-residents income tax
- Form 210. IRNR. etc.
- Filing of tax returns

And now the form loads fine. It turns out to be a different link that the one above. This one is:
https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AE ... icio.shtml

So maybe the link I was using before is an older version of the form. This one does look slightly different. Anyway, I was able to fill out the form and submit it with my digital signature. Yay!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi ericsbcn,
Thanks for Posting the info Ref : Firefox 50.1.0

A direct link to the form...........

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/s ... tml?idi=en

I'll have a play and if OK Beachcomber will update the FAQ............... :idea:

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:09 pm

Hi Enrique. Your link appears to be the PDF version of the form. What I was testing was the "submit electronically" version. The electronic version appears to need Java and I think that's what was causing problems in the browsers.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi ericsbcn,
I followed your procedure and selected the Preliminary tax Return and the Form 210 loaded up OK,
The Electronic Copy needs a Digital Signature...........and not all the Members that do the Form 210 Have this.

If you have a direct link to the Form you used please post the Link............ :idea:

Added:: For Beachcomber............
The Link in the FAQ's for English version of the Form will load but not import data with Firefox 50.1.0

This link loads the Form and imports data and Validates...........using Firefox 50.1.0, Edge and IE 11 on Windows 10 version 1607 system......

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/s ... tml?idi=en

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:24 pm

I have added that link as an alternative. The original one still works for me.
Let's go Brandon!

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:12 am

Enrique - Sorry, looks like I posted the link to the main page instead of the form 210 that I used. Here it is:
https://www1.agenciatributaria.gob.es/s ... tml?idi=en

Beachcomer - The old link works for you on Firefox? As I remember, you keep an older version of Firefox because that form wasn't working with the latest version. The newer Form does work with the latest version of Firefox.

Looks like the newer form (both digital and PDF) works with Chrome as well (just tried it). Maybe the new form does not need Java anymore.

I think this shows that it's a good idea in general to navigate in the browser to the forms/pages you need from the main page of any web site. Because if you save a direct link, it may become outdated. Web sites may do updates by creating new pages with new names, but still leave the old pages on the server, even though you can't navigate to them anymore.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:27 am

I use Pale Moon. I keep an old version of Firefox for forms that suddenly stop working. This has not yet happened with Pale Moon.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:57 am

Good morning,

The "new" Form 210 doesn't require Java, and it doesn't automatically save your Data. The Options boxes at the top of the Form are different from the "old" Java based Form.

So when you have validated SAVE your Data............

Looks like AEAT have finally moved forward........they just need to remove the old Form from their site............ :idea:

It is a good idea to always use the FAQ's , so that any problems encountered with the Procedures can be sorted by the Team and Updated............. 8)