Spanish attitude to guiris & vice versa - chicken or egg?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Paulinmalaga
Resident

Re: Spanish attitude to guiris & vice versa - chicken or egg?

Postby Paulinmalaga » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:11 pm

Wow whoever it is Katy or Patricia what very rude and offensive posts. No need. A massive :thumbdown: to both of them
I So Bella tis you

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:14 pm

Pamela1 wrote:Am i missing something? is Katy here? I keep seeing posts signed " Katy" totally :?
Re: A Halt to Misleading and Defamatory Remarks
Postby GerryFelch » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:04 pm

Just an observation, does anyone else see an uncanny writing style between Katy and Patricia, the sniping, goading way they both write the desperate attempt to always get the last word? Also when the original posts in "Labour MP shot and stabbed has died " were at their most volatile Patricia was nowhere in sight? However, no sooner has Katy ceased posting yesterday, lo and behold...boom...Patricia enters the room and seems intent on winding it all back up.

Also the uncannily strange coincidence for me is, BOTH KATY & PATRICIA joined the forum on Thursday 23rd June 2004 within a few hours of each other??? Rather odd, only my opinion and purely an observation. Leave that thought with you. :) Not accusing anyone of anything just pointing out what does look a bit in "Patricia's" words " a bit fishy".
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:15 pm

Pamela1 wrote:Am i missing something? is Katy here? I keep seeing posts signed " Katy" totally :?
Postby gus » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:22 pm

Snap, Gerry :-;

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:19 pm

Paulinmalaga wrote:Wow whoever it is Katy or Patricia what very rude and offensive posts. No need. A massive :thumbdown: to both of them
Patricia,
Try re-reading your post at 10.24 on 19th. I am pretty sure you mentioned the greedy developers , unless I am suffering from an eyesight problem !!

Try working that out Paulinmalaga! and to what is it referring! :crazy:

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:22 pm

patricia wrote:
Postby gus » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:22 pm

Postby GerryFelch » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:30 pm

gus wrote:

Indeed, the writing style is all too familiar but the joining dates....well, dead obvious really, plus the lurking behind the "hidden facility", I assume posing as two identities in here breaks house rules?

Lots of love Katy xxx

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:07 am

Patricia...I can see that you read into my post totaly wrong, i think like anyone else i was confused as to why you were ending your posts with Katy's name...nothing more than that! I haven't the foggiest what all this is about so i give up!!...

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:20 am

I think it's time for El Cid to take a look at this thread which has gone way off topic - perhaps he will be able to clear up some of the confusion too ;-)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:29 am

Agreed.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:11 am

I am 100% sure that there is no connection between Patricia and Katy.

Can we please leave it at that and move on from conspiracy theories to the topic at hand. Any further posts off topic posts will be removed.

Sid

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:53 pm

Thank you Sid. What started off as a fairly sensible topic has really gone off the rails.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:49 pm

I am partially esconsed in Las Palmas now and I love it.
The local people seem to have a different mindset to the mainlanders, more chilled out if you like, of course the checkout girl at the local Hiperdino or Mercadona will have the odd pouty/death stare if she's had a bad time with her Novio and of course old Paco who sits next to the Lottery stand will be pi55ed off if you're standing next to him while shouting down your cellphone !
There are ar5eholes everywhere and we have our share in Britain, I for one don't believe that the locals, cerainly in my area anyway have, or display animosity towards foreigners, as a footnote in the area I live, Las Canteras, we have many different nationalities, Moroccans, Pakistanis, Danes, Finns , Norwegians, West Africans, Swedes,but surprisingly few brits, I can honestly say I have not seen a single episode of anything even remotely racist or anti religeous here in fact I strongly believe that the rest of Europe could learn some lessons here!

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:14 am

That sounds really nice but I expect 50% of it is because you are a nice, friendly and reasonable person yourself.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:20 am

Good comment, I am a reasonable person, I believe!

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:50 pm

Manchesteral wrote:Jhonnie 99 has it dead right !!
Here's the main points of Jhonnie99's post :
jhonie99 wrote:The Spanish hate foreigners and particularly the Brits. It has always been like that and will get considerably more obvious when Brexit happens.

The Spanish don't even like each other. They hate other peoples' success. They hate other peoples' happiness, etc. It's just the way they are.

...they hate dealing with the public. They usually detest their work colleagues and will try anything to get others in trouble.

They show arrogance to cover up their insecurity.
This seems more than just a little at odds with your latest post -
Manchesteral wrote: ...the locals, certainly in my area anyway (do not) display animosity towards foreigners..... I have not seen a single episode of anything even remotely racist or anti religeous here in fact I strongly believe that the rest of Europe could learn some lessons here!
Do you put this down to the locals in The Canaries being a totally different breed to the Mainlanders, or have you changed your opinion since agreeing with Jhonnie99?
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:55 pm

Miro wrote:
Manchesteral wrote:Jhonnie 99 has it dead right !!
Here's the main points of Jhonnie99's post :
jhonie99 wrote:The Spanish hate foreigners and particularly the Brits. It has always been like that and will get considerably more obvious when Brexit happens.

The Spanish don't even like each other. They hate other peoples' success. They hate other peoples' happiness, etc. It's just the way they are.

...they hate dealing with the public. They usually detest their work colleagues and will try anything to get others in trouble.

They show arrogance to cover up their insecurity.
Jesus man, what have I done to offend you? I have already written (you do read english properly don't you?) that the Canarians appear to have a different mindset to the mainland Spanish, do you or don't you get that?
Canarians consider themselves firstly and foremostly "Canarian" as opposed to "Spanish" they may have the same d n a and biological make up as inhabitants of mainland Spain but they consider themselves to be different (as I have said) which part of my statement do you not understand? I trust that admin are monitoring this situation because it appears to me that you are trying to goad me, for what reason I don't know, as I've said which part of my statement don't you understand or perhaps I should ask the question "which part don't you like" ??
This seems more than just a little at odds with your latest post -
Manchesteral wrote: ...the locals, certainly in my area anyway (do not) display animosity towards foreigners..... I have not seen a single episode of anything even remotely racist or anti religeous here in fact I strongly believe that the rest of Europe could learn some lessons here!
Do you put this down to the locals in The Canaries being a totally different breed to the Mainlanders, or have you changed your opinion since agreeing with Jhonnie99?

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:20 pm

My Opinion on the above subject:

Jhonnie99 formed an opinion relating to the behaviour and general demeanor of the indigenous inhabitants of MAINLAND Spain, I believe Johnnie's statement referred to inhabitants of the sovereign land known as Spain, disregarding the BALEARIC and CANARY ISLANDS islands, I agreed Jhonnies post in as far as my experiences have shown having spent a lot of time on the costa del sol and specifically La Carihuela, in MAINLAND Spain

However my experiences in GRAN CANARIA have proven different, I find CANARIANS and GRAN CANARIANS in particular to be of a different mindset to the inhabitants of Mainland Spain, disregarding the BALEARIC islands and CANARY ISLANDS AND specifically GRAN CANARIA. I find CANARIANS AND GRAN CANARIANS in particular to be of a different mentality, more relaxed and less prone to tantrums.
This is my position and should any poster here wish me to clarify my position on this matter I would be more than happy to do so, but, rather that create online animosity between posters of a different disposition please contact me in pm Thanks Manchesteral1

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:23 pm

It was a simple question, to which I take it the answer therefore is "the former, rather than the latter". Thanks for clearing that up. Not sure what "situation" you hope admin are monitoring - perhaps you are paranoid as well as reasonable?

And for anyone who is utterly confused by the previous post, although it appears as though it's quoting me in it's entirety, I did not say the part which starts "Jesus man..." and ends with "...which part don't you like?" that was pure Manchesteral! :crazy:

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:29 pm

I followed that all right, Miro. It's pretty clear that bit was manchesteral. I think there's quite a lot of difference between Mainland Spanish people, as well. I've got quite a lot of experience with the local Andalusians and, of course, the Extremeños. I find the people up here much more friendly BUT that may be because they do not feel that the handful of foreigners here will upset or threaten the Spanish way of life and values. Whereas Andalusia is rather crowded in places with foreigners ...

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:38 pm

Ahh, a soupcon of support (sorry my keyboard doesn't do upside down thingies) but I am relieved to note that someone gets it, maybe it's just me and the fact that I am a miserable, whingeing old b'stard perhaps my chilled out life in G C has turned me into an anti radical (if such a thing exists):-)

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:49 pm

Funnily enough, we have a couple from Extremadura as part-time neighbours here, and they are extremely derogatory about the Andalucians - even to their faces in community meetings. They call them "muy informál" among other things and are highly critical of their work ethic. Seems a little harsh to me, but more to the point, rather rude. They are fiercely proud of their "tierra" & brag about everything to do with it - to the point where one wonders why they ever leave it! The wife's sister also has a place here, but she "emigrated" to Madrid many years ago. She basically hates everybody (and tells them).
And Manchesteral, I don't think you're any of the things you said; let's just put it down to my own stupidity that I find some of your posts so confusing, and leave it at that :)