Spanish attitude to guiris & vice versa - chicken or egg?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Manchesteral
Resident

Re: Spanish attitude to guiris & vice versa - chicken or egg?

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:06 pm

I will consider your final (hopefully) post on this subject as an agreement to disagree, with no harm done, cheers Manchesteral !

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:10 pm

It is true, Miro, that the Extremeños think they are the best people in the world, from the best place in the world. I agree with them! :D

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:26 pm

I've not met someone from Spain who thinks their region isn't the best.
However, sweeping statements about a group or nationality are usually unsound.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:46 pm

markwilding wrote:I've not met someone from Spain who thinks their region isn't the best.
Me neither - and yet, I've yet to meet a Spaniard who supports any team other than Real Madrid or Barcelona - regardless of where they come from! :lol:

We all no doubt heard the awful stories about foreigners, including Spaniards, getting insulted, abused or worse in the UK after the Brexit vote. Made me feel ashamed, but hopefully they were a very few isolated incidents, or press sensationalism. I confess I don't follow Spanish news much, so I don't really know if there's been any reported backlash here from the vote. But an acquaintance of mine, 20 + years resident, now living in a cave in Granada province somewhere, told me the other day that he had "received an email from a Spanish person calling (him) all manner of things because of Brexit, said (he) was scum and should leave the country as Brits are no longer welcome." I was really shocked. :shock: Has anyone else heard of any similar stories?
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:43 pm

No, well at least not yet however I have a friend who told me the Greeks had been very hostile, when she went to Greece last year soon after the Brexit vote they had already put the Brits into a different que at passport control....Arriving at her hotel every flag flew except the Union Jack and she was told by other holiday makers that they had removed it after the Brexit vote....Quite amazing when you consider the state of their country and how stupid to bite the hand that feeds them...

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:55 pm

As for the man in Granada who received the email.Not nice!!! But I can't help but notice when a Brit is on the other end of racism and abuse us Brits tend to stand up and notice it more than when it's the other way round!...Yes there were lots of foreigners being insulted here in Britain at that time,like it or not there are many distasteful Brits living amongst us and it is shameful! :crazy:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:15 pm

Miro...you may find this quite funny even if slightly off topic...My daughter was sat in one of the bars last year in your town of Torremolinos...She over heard a group of Brits complaining that they did not like the resort because there were too may Spanish people in it... :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:36 pm

A bit late with my reply, but, I doubt you' re stupid and I often confuse people, I would like to apologise for my rant, to you especially, peace and love to you !