Catchup On Humax Freesat

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
john the baptist
Resident

Catchup On Humax Freesat

Postby john the baptist » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:53 pm

Hi Ive hooked up my old humax again to get sky pick challenge etc, i heard that it was possible to get UK catch up on it as well, however it is possible since the freesat facility is not available.

It can only be used in non freesat mode. how do I get the interactive channel use catch up??/ does anyone know??

cheers

JB

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Catchup On Humax Freesat

Postby El Cid » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:30 pm

I'm pretty sure it won't work without an Internet connection and a link to the satellite.

Sid

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Postby GerryinCajiz » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:29 pm

Correct Sid, it needs a Freesat and an internet connection working together. JTB is determined to get some use out of his Humax box. It is a good piece of kit, but unfortunately not in this part of Spain.
Gerry

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:51 pm

Makes a nice Doorstop!

Sid

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:27 pm

thanks Guys, my internet connection is rubbish and I have to share it with the rest of the family.

Im hating kodi more and more so im going back exploring the sat channels. will need to get Intelsat as well. and yes I loved Freesat and my Humax!!!!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:49 pm

Yes, we all loved the Humax and Freesat, but things change and you have to move on.

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:45 am

Even in the UK people watch TV a little different to 10 years ago. Netflix means for about 8-10 euros a month and a Chromecast or FireStick costing another 35-40 euros, you have all the free live and catch-up from the old channels and a pay al la carte films and TV series service as well. Taking out a DVD twice a month would have cost about the same.

Now TV is a another solution albeit a little more expensive for Sky.

My current solution for Sky is an old PS3 and using my brother's SKY Go account details' I can watch in really good quality but it is also possible to find subscriptions giving access to all the Sports movie and entertainment channels online.

The main worry is if it will last. As Sid says, it's an ever changing process and we have to move on and change as things develop

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Postby GerryinCajiz » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:55 pm

john the baptist wrote:thanks Guys, my internet connection is rubbish and I have to share it with the rest of the family.
Where exactly are you JTB?
Gerry