I need help with a parcel delivery to Malaga

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
orcadian1

I need help with a parcel delivery to Malaga

Postby orcadian1 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:38 pm

My wife and I recently bought a flat in central Malaga. She went out there from the UK last week to sort things. I bought some items on eBay which were successfully delivered using Correos the Spanish post office last week. She just picked them up from the post office in Malaga. I also ordered 4 large family photos printed on canvas from Bonusprint a UK firm and paid for them to be delivered to our apartment. Unfortunately Bonusprint's Spanish courier messed up and they were not delivered. I thought they'd use Correos not a dodgy courier. Too late now.
So the courier wants to try delivery now and we're not there. She's back 8 March and they're saying that they can only store our photos until 28 February. The courier asked if there's anywhere else they can deliver to in Malaga. Since we don't yet live there we don't know people over there. Our neighbour downstairs is away all day and the same upstairs and it's a small block of 3 flats with no doorman or office to accept items.
If anyone knows anywhere in Malaga that these parcels can be delivered- there's 2 canvases 90x60cm and 2 half size canvases from Bonusprint - I'd be very grateful. As I say we're able to collect them around 8 March and they will make our flat more homely

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: I need help with a parcel delivery to Malaga

Postby chrissiehope » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:53 pm

Can you try & find a local post office & contact them to see if they will take the packages ? Is there a shop you have used that might do it ? Sorry - can't think of anything else, unless someone on here also lives in central Malaga....
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:53 am

Many of the Spanish courier companies now have a network of agents (often copyshops, workshops...) where parcels can be despatched from or delivered to. Ask the courier company for their nearest to your new base, and contact the outfit to alert them to your drop-off and collection.
Chris

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:08 am

The 'delete post' option now only seems to be available to moderators. If you accidentally make a duplicate post just leave it and Sid or I will delete it.
Let's go Brandon!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:08 am

Hi orcadian1,
Welcome to The Forum ............ :D and the Spanish Courier system............... :twisted:

As Chris points out many have Pickup Points now............UPS , SEUR and MRW that I know off...........

This can work well having used their system up this way............... :idea:

Examples.................

https://www.ups.com/dropoff

http://www.seur.com/en/busqueda-tiendas.do

http://www.wifivox.com/index.php/pick-u ... ts-locator
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

orcadian1

Postby orcadian1 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:58 pm

Thanks for these suggestions. I emailed GLS parcels the courier to ask if they have a pickup point in Malaga. This would certainly help. It's hard when you're just starting out in a new city, don't yet know people locally.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:19 am

Welcome to Malaga. Great choice you have made. We have been just east of the city for nearly 14 years and still keep finding new things in the city. We toured the castle for the 1st time last week. We have been to the Parador dozens of times but never paid the 2 euros and gone into the ruins. It is well worth a look.