Filling in EX18 form

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Oxnard

Filling in EX18 form

Postby Oxnard » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:55 pm

Just a quick query about filling in the EX18 form if you're registering on the EU citizen's register after 3 months.

In section 4, it says "Periodo previsto en Espana" - (envisaged time you will be living in Spain). What should you put here?

My envisaged time could be anything from a few years to forever - probably depending on how the Brexit pans out among other things. :x

Also , the last boxes are for the "fucionario" to fill in aren't they - where it says

"DIRIGIDA A...... PROVINCIA.....EX-18"

Hope someone can help.

fyfin
Resident

Re: Filling in EX18 form

Postby fyfin » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:51 pm

It's been a while since I filled one in and I'm sure I posted something on here. I'll have a look and see if I can find it. I'm pretty sure I put "por siempre" for time expected to live here.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:28 pm

I had an example on here but I just checked and it was on my photobucket but I must have deleted it. You are right about those last boxes - you leave them blank. If you search ex18 you should find some useful information here. Also you can download the form in English although you have to present the Spanish version of course. Here is the link http://extranjeros.empleo.gob.es/es/mod ... index.html
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:06 pm

I have a couple of friends who will shortly be completing the EX18 and when I did it, it wasn't possible to download the modelo 790-12 which you need to pay the fee and then take with you. However it appears you can download it now and I presume you then pay the fee at a bank as usual .
However, I wondered if anyone knew what the fee is currently as I believe it changes every year. It had just gone up by 10 cents to €10.60 when we did it. You can download it here https://sede.policia.gob.es:38089/Tasas/

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:58 pm

I put "Para siempre" in mine and it was accepted. (For ever).
(I'm now back in England, mind you!)

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:15 am

I think it's the one they expect you to put anyway. After all who can tell what the future might bring. I know someone who is a folk singer who moved to Australia and loved it so wrote a song called "Live and die in Australia" after 12 years moved back to Scotland and now lives here in Spain. lol

Oxnard

Postby Oxnard » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:59 am

Thanks for the advice. Yes - "para siempre" seems to be the best option.

I have another query about what date they put on the certificate when you get it. Do they say you are legally resident as of the day you arrived in the country (the start date you put on the form) or is the start date of legal residence the day you attend the appointment and are given the certificate?

Also - regarding the query above about the modelo-790 form - do you have to get that in advance and pay the fee? Or do you they give it to you when you go there on the day and then make you pop out to a bank and pay the fee, then come back to pick up your certificate?

Also, what if you already have an old NIE from many years ago (when was resident for a year as a student / teacher). Is there anything else you need to do in advance in that case?

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:54 am

I know for sure the date is the date they issue the certificate. Also the 790 has to be paid when you arrive, having previously made an appointment. We had to go to Almeria Oficina de Extranjeros so I don't know where in Spain you are as it may be different as to how you make an appointment. We could do it online I think. The other thing is to know what the fee is , it used to be €10.60 but it's probably changed by now. As regards Nie that number will stay with you and anyone I know has already had an Nie when they went for residency (to register an a citizen of EU). You will need a copy of that when you go with your completed EX18. It wasn't an easy process with proving income as everything has to be translated officially etc but best of luck, I'm sure you'll get there eventually.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:17 am

The system is obviously varies widely between different offices. My local one, in Torre del Mar, does not offer cita previas for foreigners applying for NIEs or to register as residents (only for Spanish citizens applying for DNIs or passports). Everyone else has to arrive early in the morning (advisable to get there by around 8.00 am although the office doesn't open until 9.00). At the door, they give out a limited amount of numbered tickets each morning and once those have been issued anyone left in the queue is advised to return on another day.

They do not issue Modelo 790 forms in the office, either (they used to, but that has now changed). You either have to download and complete the form in advance (3 of them - one copy for the bank, one for the Extranjeria office and one for you to keep - and photocopies of the completed form are not acceptable) or can obtain one from the copy/photo shop next door to the Extranjeria.

Even if you have downloaded the 790 in advance, it's advisable to go to the Extranjeria in the first instance to have your EX18 and 790 forms, plus supporting documentation, checked over to make sure everything is in order before going to the nearest bank to pay the fee. After paying the fee and getting the 790 forms stamped by the bank, you then return to the Extranjeria to complete the process and collect your registration "card". At Torre del Mar they don't make you wait at the end of the queue again, but tell you to come up to the desk when they have finished dealing with the previous client.

Oxnard

Postby Oxnard » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:25 pm

Yes the proving income is the other thing. Apparently something along the lines of 6000 euros in a Spanish bank account is the amount you need, although depends on which foreigners office you go to. Have also heard that that money has to have been in there for at least 3 months. Again, not sure how true this is or if it depends again on the office and the "funcionario" you get on the day.

The other thing is private health insurance. Do they accept the slightly cheaper ones with co-payments or does it have to be the full coverage, expensive ones with no co-payments? Again - different opinions from different people on this - and again, depends on who you get on the day it seems. Problem with the private health insurance in Spain is that once you've signed up for one you can't change it for a year. You can't even upgrade from co-payments to no co-payments in most insurance companies I have contacted.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:07 pm

Oxnard wrote: The other thing is private health insurance. Do they accept the slightly cheaper ones with co-payments or does it have to be the full coverage, expensive ones with no co-payments? Again - different opinions from different people on this - and again, depends on who you get on the day it seems. Problem with the private health insurance in Spain is that once you've signed up for one you can't change it for a year. You can't even upgrade from co-payments to no co-payments in most insurance companies I have contacted.
As far as I'm aware, policies with co-payments are not acceptable.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:57 pm

A neighbour used the clinca rincon basic 101 cover for their residencia. they had to get everything stamped and covering letters and all sorts though. They wouldnt just accept the standard paper work guess it depends on who you see.