how to negotiate bead curtains?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
gavilan
Andalucia Guru

how to negotiate bead curtains?

Postby gavilan » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:36 pm

the main/double doors from the patio here in/out of my main living room have the usual bead curtains to stop fly/insect entry ... every time I go through them I get tangled up in them ... and whatever I am carrying gets knocked off by errant strings of beads ... ?is there a trick to getting through these things without fearing disaster every time?! ...(yes, I know I could tie them back but then the flies come into the room!)

maureenscot
Resident

Re: how to negotiate bead curtains?

Postby maureenscot » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:32 pm

No there isn't. Strangulation is inevitable I am afraid. Have't found a way through. I did however but those door flynets which you pin on and they automatically shut as they have magnets all down them

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:40 pm

I always reversed through them and once the tray or whatever was through I swivelled back to face forwards :-)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:54 am

I sometimes use my head to try to part the beads first when my hands are full and have to sort-of shimmy through. It usually involves shuffling from side to side to try to get the things to part enough to get elbows and other body part through ..... we usually take them down in the winter but the flies and tiny biting insects have been a nuisance all the time this year.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:36 pm

thanks for your responses ... glad I am not the only one who finds it difficult to get through bead curtains alive! ... whether I go face forward or in reverse, I usually find one or more bead strings will end up round my head or neck or take a swipe at something on the tray ... might look for those magnet things maureenscot mentioned ...