Endesa - change to smart meter - billing!

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
TorreDelAguila
Resident

Endesa - change to smart meter - billing!

Postby TorreDelAguila » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:57 pm

Mid-February, we had out almost 10-year-old smart meter changed for a latest (Enel) model, as part of the smart meter rollout campaign.

I was there while the installer did the job, which was straightforward, and he furnished me with the old meter's final readings. New meter was installed with a reading of 000 000.

Was expecting our next bi-monthly bill to be a "split" one (part old meter, part new), but no, Endesa issued an 'early' bill up to meter change day. Fair enough.

What was not fair enough were the final readings that appeared on the bill: incorrect, and 47% inflated on units consumed. I have sent the correct readings on-line, and made a reclamacion at an Endesa office, asking for a replacement bill.

There have been numerous complaints of dramatically increased billing following meter change, so beware! Take a reading yourself, and check the bill carefully.
Chris

concorde
Resident

Re: Endesa - change to smart meter - billing!

Postby concorde » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:06 pm

You think you've got problems with a smart meter!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -high.html

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Re: Endesa - change to smart meter - billing!

Postby TorreDelAguila » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:37 pm

A bit more detail on that here...
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 180139.htm

No reason why a household shouldn't operate an accurate traditional check meter, too... :think:
Chris