Strange Bank Transaction

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
telboy
Resident

Strange Bank Transaction

Postby telboy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:53 pm

Our recent statement from our bank includes and amount of 120€ - Being held back for Agencia Tributaria.

Haven't got a clue what it is, here is the message on the statement :-

En cumplimento de la normativa legal vigente, y en relación con la diligencia de embargo detallado más abajo. practicamos la retención en la cuenta arriba indicada.
Si transcurrido el plazo legal establecido, cuyo vencimiento es el 22.03.17, no hemos recibido del Organismo emisor indicado orden de levantamiento del embargo, procederemos , por imperativo legal, a su adeuda en cuenta.

Anybody know what this is :?:

terry

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Re: Strange Bank Transaction

Postby Miro » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:02 pm

Agencia Tributaria is the tax office (Hacienda). It would appear there's an embargo of some sort (more details below?) It would appear that a retention of €120 is being held, and if the deadline of 22nd March is not met for the embargo to be lifted, your account will be debited.
Beyond that, I couldn't say, other than it would appear that you owe the tax office some money. I would check with your gestor, if you have one.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:12 pm

Cheers Miro :thumbup:

Thanks for the translation, we'll need to bob into the bank and find out what it's about.

terry

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:17 pm

Update -
My bank said that they don't know what it is either! It might be a speeding fine, or it might not. The only way to find out is to go to our Agencia Tributaria (Hacienda) and ask. Apparently they don't take phone calls so it has to be done in person. I can't see it being a speeding fine, but if it was then surely this would come from the Guardia Civil with some sort of proof/evidence of an offence.

terry

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:19 pm

We had this happen to us and it turned out to be a traffic offence, slowing and not stopping at a stop sign in the middle of nowhere with no traffic in sight! Needless to say we didn't know we had been done for it ......
We then went off away for a month .... since the notice from Trafico comes via a Certified letter that you have to sign for, if you are not around to sign for it, the post office has to send it back within a certain time. They may or may not issue another - another interesting point that came out of the exercise was that some government authorities refuse to put Apartado de Correos nº (PO box equivalent) as part of an official address and will only address to your property - if, like us, you are out in the country where the postman does not set foot, here is another reason for things going astray.
Their next stage is to post a Boletin - basically an official public notice but you are not likely to see that either .... Then the big guns come out and they apply to Hacienda for payment of the multa, which by this time has increased via the penalty system ...

Unless you know of any outstanding tax you have not paid, I would suggest you go to Trafico first and ask if there is anything outstanding against your car registration. The Hacienda just do the job of paymaster here as they have access to your bank account.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:01 pm

Cheers Gasman - We'll visit our local Trafico and ask them about it first. Yes we do live in the campo and have a PO Box number and the postman refuses to post anything with out a Box Number.

My OH - 'They're just a shower of thieves' she thinks they just pick a name from a list usually expats to claw some money from, and being the nice people we'll just pay up without an argument as we can't grasp the language and don't understand what these things are about!

terry

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:36 pm

Hi,
If you have a Digital Signature /Cl@ve and registered with DGT...........you should get notification........... :!: one reason for registering.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 am

Gasman wrote:We had this happen to us and it turned out to be a traffic offence, slowing and not stopping at a stop sign in the middle of nowhere with no traffic in sight! Needless to say we didn't know we had been done for it ......
We were behind a local police car the other day coming up from the costa and one of the cars in front of them did an illegal left turn. A hand with a phone on the end came out of the police car window and took a photo of the offending vehicle :clap:

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:45 am

Hand out the window....Phone in hand while driving. That's two offences right there!

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:28 am

Not if he was the passenger!

Sid

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:54 pm

Fair point well made! But I'd just like to add, that there's not one Local Police car in our municipality that I've ever seen that would come close to passing an ITV. 'Nuff said!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:49 am

El Cid wrote:Not if he was the passenger!

Sid
No it was the driver :lol:

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:20 pm

Update from my original post

OK - Problem solved - Since I thought it was possibly a speeding fine, I went to my local Guardia Civil 36km round trip, it was closed, they were out! :wtf: Drove on to the next Guardia Civil in the next village (another 20Km), they said ‘no way whatsover could this be a traffic violation’, they were convinced it may be something to do with our IBI. They advised me to visit the Hacienda at my nearest major town, but it would be necessary to make an appointment online. I got an appoinment for the following day (another 60Km). At the Hacienda they said it was a speeding fine, dating back to April 2016 - I was caught on static radar/camera doing 79Kmph on a 60Kmph stretch of road. Fair enough, but sneaky, since the speeding radar roadsign was 90% obscured by a an olive tree, I was charged an extra 20€ on top of the 100€ for late payment because the notification was sent to the wrong address, the one I lived at 13yrs ago when I bought my car from new.

So much for modern technology - Since I pay car tax, ITV, pay car insurance etc etc, you’d think there’d be a database where all this up-to-date info is shared and especially with the Traffico.
Enrique wrote:Hi,
If you have a Digital Signature /Cl@ve and registered with DGT...........you should get notification........... :!: one reason for registering.
Good Advice from Enrique - the hacienda said the same thing :thumbup:

I still love everything about being in Spain except for the Red Tape, Car Park layouts and drivers using the outside lane on roundabouts and exiting at 9 o’clock.

cheer
terry

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:37 pm

Did you advise Tráfico of your change of address?

Sid

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:13 pm

Sid - No, but Enrique and the Hacienda advised about taking the Digital Signature route to be sure of everything being up to date.

Because our road tax bill is sent to our existing address and we notified the same Hacienda over 10 years ago of our address change we foolishly thought that the information was updated at that time!

My wife's motto living here in spain - Never assume anything :!: :wink:

terry

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:45 am

Miro wrote:Hand out the window....Phone in hand while driving. That's two offences right there!
:P Shop them if I was you Wicksey! :wink:
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"