Cheap Deals in Lidl.

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Cheap Deals in Lidl.

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:58 pm

Lidl offers seem to get better and better...
This week Cornflour only 0.49 cents...Harina espesa maiz..400 gr.( Belbake )

Icing Sugar only 0.49...Azucar Glace 250 gr. ( Belbake).

Only a limited offer so hurry, before Mrs. B buys it all....She is a bulk buyer...remember a few years ago when we bought a boatload of tinned figs ?.. :lol:
Regards,
Gordon

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Cheap Deals in Lidl.

Postby costakid » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:15 pm

Thanks for the tip.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:46 pm

Hilarious. Did you get your tinned figs sold

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Maureen,
I didn't sell them..I ate them !!!!..I was the most regular forum member for months...... :oops:

We are surrounded here by fig trees which we are given free..but I had to buy tinned figs...it seemed a good idea at the time....

Costa K...You're Welcome.... :wave:

Regards,
Fig man....

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:20 pm

They seem have stopped doing their yeast though in our local branches since they refurbished them. Tomato puree was missing when I last looked too. Otherwise, still one of my favourite stores .... roll on the next Greek week when I stocked up with tins of dolmades and loads of Retsina :)

Mariacristina
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariacristina » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:08 am

I'm 100% with Gordon on this. He buys up the tinned figs . . . . I head for the 30% off stickers and fill the trolley with those. I have sampled some superb cheeses that way with the added frisson of feeling a bit guilty if they are not Spanish cheeses. :D

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:06 pm

Wicksey,
Well I guess that you are also a 'bulk buyer' and keep your 'eyes peeled' for forthcoming offers and next time the Greek Week happens we will give some of your recommendations a try.. :thumbup: .

Mariacristina,
I'm also a 'bargain hunter' as well and always check out the 30% off deals, however in Lidl you do have to watch that the checkout operators hit the discount button or you end up paying full price, the discounted items always appear at the top of the till receipt, last week I refused to move until they had amended my bill after they inadvertently didn't give me my discount.!
Regards,
Gordon the Gopher

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:17 pm

BENIDORM wrote:Wicksey,
Well I guess that you are also a 'bulk buyer' and keep your 'eyes peeled' for forthcoming offers and next time the Greek Week happens we will give some of your recommendations a try.. :thumbup: .
Gordon the Gopher
Retsina is an aquired taste .... we love it with Greek food but it has quite an odd flavour if you've never tried it! Last years' Greek week was particularly good and they had loads of different dips and typical Greek dishes.

A couple of weeks before Christmas we were looking at their stuffed and boned chicken joints and realised that the sellby date was that day on one of them. So we asked for a discount and they took of 30% which was quite a saving and then I froze it to use over Christmas. You do have to double check that they take it off at the till though, and this applies to other offers in shops too. We always stand and check the receipt before leaving as I've missed out on 3x2 offers before which has been annoying.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:27 pm

Wicksey,
I have tried Retsina many years ago, but will give it a try again when the next deals are on, probably with a a proper Greek meal.

Lidl seems to be the worst culprit for forgetting the discount, I've never really had a problem with Mercadona, in fact we were in there yesterday and my wife commented on how helpful the staff were.

Lidl also have Ketchup on offer 500ml for 0.59 cents, I prefer my HP brown sauce, but Mrs B is a fan of ketchup..!

Regards,
Gordon

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:15 pm

Our local Lidl store in UK tills automatically take the discounts off. I love Lidl especially the guessing game of trying to figure out what some of the goods are

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:50 pm

From today Lidl have some jars of Alubias Blancas ( white beans ), Campo Largo Brand on offer for 0.32 cents a 400gr jar ..that is cheap...

Mrs.B makes a great White Bean Soup with them, very basic recipe and very easy to prepare, but really a spiffing soup.. :thumbup:

If anyone wants the recipe ..let me know ... :wave:
Regards,
Gordon ..the happy shopper....

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:52 pm

Gordon would love the recipe via PM if you wish ....Many thanks

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:58 pm

firsttango....Added here in case someone else is interested....

Mrs. Benidorm's Famous White Bean Soup.
2 x Medium Potatoes
1 x Large Onion
2 x cloves Garlic
1/2 Lt.chicken stock
1 x jar white Beans
cup of Milk
Small carton double cream
Peel and chop potatoes and onion into chunks, boil until soft , drain and blitz in processor until fine and mousse like.
Spoon into large saucepan.
Process white beans plus garlic, add to pan.
add up to 1/2 Lt. water and bring to boil, then add cup of milk.
Just before serving add 1 small carton of cream and a little salt and pepper, stir well and serve.
You can also add some fried and chopped bacon or chorizo if you wish...
Makes approx 6 good portions..
Enjoy !!!
Regards,
Gordon the Gourmet. :lol:

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:17 pm

Many thanks

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:44 am

Lidl. I save hundreds of euros by buying my food and booze there - but then I linger in that tempting central isle of "specials" and my fingers caress (that'll come in handy) an angle grinder. Yep, into the boot it goes.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:41 am

Last night we tried a new wine from Lidl ..on offer , of course, .

Hacienda Garnacha, 2016...Navarra ....young and fruity...wow....

It was a nice pleasant red wine and didn't give me a headache.!

I'm quite impressed lately with the good wines at realistic prices that are on offer lately at Lidl ...

Regards,
Gordon

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:02 pm

I have tried the Viña Pati Rueda after a gap of a couple of years as before it didn't seem so good. Maybe 2016 was a good year as it was very fruity and floral-tasting, so I am back to buying it again.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:47 pm

I agree, it's definitely a bit better than 2015. Still amazing value.

Sid

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:46 am

ashtondav wrote:Lidl. I save hundreds of euros by buying my food and booze there - but then I linger in that tempting central isle of "specials" and my fingers caress (that'll come in handy) an angle grinder. Yep, into the boot it goes.
A few years ago I bought a compressor in Lidl which I knew would come in handy. Now, everytime, there's an airtool on offer I buy it. I've got 30m of airhose, mini breakers, impact wrench, paint sprayer even a drain clearer. Apart from checking the car tyres, I've never used any of them, just so nice to have!

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:21 am

Yes, I have also bought many useful and good quality items from the non-food section in Lidl, most are still in the original boxes , but who knows , one day they will be useful ?
I have also bought some good items for my many and varied hobbies including a Pyrography tool ( pokerwork), a glue gun and stamps albums and cases for storing coin collections...all very cheap but excellent quality...

The other week I bought 6 bags of Muesli at 1 euro a bag , normally 1.70'ish a bag, really excellent quality and loads of fruit, I eat a bowl full most evenings instead of having a cooked meal....funny really because for years I thought only rabbits and Swiss people ate Muesli... :lol:

Regards,
Gordon