To reside or not to reside...

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Re: To reside or not to reside...

Postby IreneD » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Hello 'tis I! The person in the link! We did take copies of our bank statements, both English and Spanish but they weren't accepted. They just showed our monthly pensions basically (and outgoings) - we didn't and don't have large sums in our bank(s). As for not providing a padron....... I can't remember but I didn't include it in the list, so possibly they didn't want it. I'm sure we would have taken several copies with us.

Quite funny reading it again, I was a bit over-excited but as members will no doubt remember, I found it pretty stressful so was very relieved when it was done.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:59 pm

Hello Irene, hope you didn't mind me quoting your post.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:05 pm

No, of course not, FAL :) If our experience helps someone, that's great. Things do seem to change rapidly though and of course, who knows what Brexit might bring.

HarryJ
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby HarryJ » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:15 pm

Be interesting to see if the original poster is required to show this €600 €6k or as they have been advised by the forms issued by the foreigners dept in Nerja that Escritura will suffice.
Regardless, as I said earlier in the thread I wasn't required and as an update having just spoken to our German friends in Torre they didn't either but again that was Dec 2015

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:09 am

Hi, we all know some who fly under the radar but who knows what might happen after Brexit.
Anyway, as regards tax, in my case I am paying much less tax on my pension income here in Spain than I would in UK. That is because if your pension income is from annuities (renta vitalica I think is the term here) then you will find you will be taxed on around 25% of the income, the percentage changes slightly depending on when you started drawing the pension.
I'm sure Sid put something on about this, but the main thing is to make sure whoever is doing your tax return in Spain is aware that it is via the annuity route even if it under a company group scheme. Most schemes that aren't final salary are annuities and in my case all my pension income was from this source.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:14 am

Sorry, made my comment and didn't see another page so Sid has already mentioned this and provided a link.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:25 pm

Accompanied a friend who has now come to the point in his life where he's going to live in Torrox 75% of the year to the Police Station in Torre del Mar to get his residencia. Got there early given a ticket waited, got seen and paid at bank, all sorted in approx 2 hours. NO mention of any financial status whatsoever, certainly no request to see bank statements.
I So Bella tis you

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:09 pm

Incredible, just shows again the differences between regions and offices. I wish ours had been that easy. Maybe it's easier at police stations instead of the oficinas de extranjeros.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:14 pm

Talking to some canadian friends today and one half of the couple is having trouble getting residencia (the other half has an irish passport) they own a house but he was told it wasnt enough. So i guess its all about who got out of bed the wrong or right way and who you get to see that morning