Making offers for property

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Loopy Lisa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Making offers for property

Postby Loopy Lisa » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:38 pm

Just a quick update and thanks for the comments.

We offered a figure of around 20% below asking price and have settled on somewhere close to 15% less than asking price including furniture.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:47 am

Terry, Good advice and draining the pool would set a red light warning for me as it's more likely to cause problems. If you look at goolzoom.es you can at least see if all the buildings are on the catastral although there is another register as well as we found out.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Loopy Lisa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Loopy Lisa » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:58 pm

Terry Tibbs wrote:Lisa, good luck with your purchase, but just a quick question... Regarding the extra 'bits' that the owner had built, have you (or your lawyer) checked to see whether these are shown on the escritura? In other words, have you verified that the property is legally registered in its current configuration?
We haven't had any of the paperwork checked yet :eh: but that will be something our lawyer will be checking and we will be going over with a very fine comb!!! We do know that there is no Licence of First Occupation, so we are at least forewarned on that, but I am told that if it is all correct that this is merely a formality. If it isn't and we cannot acquire it, we are walking away immediately. We are not going to be drawn into a long and protracted transaction again. Lesson learnt from the Velez Rubio property.

Loopy Lisa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Loopy Lisa » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:01 pm

fincalospinos wrote: If furniture is included in the sale price the normal procedure is to show this as a separate, but realistic figure, thus avoiding transfer and other taxes. If paying with cheques or bankers drafts it is important to pay the amount for furniture as a separate entity.
Yes, we have agreed a price independent of the house purchase, we have said if they want to leave the rest of the furniture that is fine, but we are not paying for it! The last house that we tried to buy, the extras being left were a cement mixer and a car trailer .............. Strangely enough we declined those items!!!

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:06 pm

People have spent years trying to get an LFO. Please let us know if you get it before you sign on the dotted line

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:07 pm

Loopy Lisa wrote: I am told that ..... this is merely a formality.
Everyone has their own individual experiences and opinions, but for what it's worth - after 20 years living in Spain, I am of the firm opinion that NOTHING is a "mere formality" here.

I genuinely wish you well and hope it all works out. Just be very, very careful. Good luck!
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Loopy Lisa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Loopy Lisa » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:41 pm

maureenscot wrote:People have spent years trying to get an LFO. Please let us know if you get it before you sign on the dotted line
If we don't get it - we wont be signing anything!! I am giving it 3 months to get it and if nothing by then, we shall leave it and move on to look again!! The most frustrating thing is that we cant really plan to do anything; we cant plan a holiday, or to book theatre tickets etc because we don't know where we will be. I have looked at renting, and a lot of places wont take animals - we have a rabbit and a guinea pig, who are coming with us. If I had known how difficult it was all going to be I would have started the process years ago :crazy:

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:57 pm

If it's any consolation.....we're also feeling frustrated. We have a Big List of things to do, both here and in the UK, but have got as far as we can with ticking things off, and now we're just waiting....
There's nothing much more we can do with our progress in Spain: we have a signing date in mid-May, we've booked the movers, had a big clear out, booked the ferry and had the cat vaccinated, but other than that there's nothing much more to do for now. As for the UK end: we've had a survey done (and paid for it) and notified the agent, so that they can tell the vendors to instruct their solicitor, to contact ours etc... There's a minor issue that needs fixing, about a grand's worth, so we've made a revised offer of a grand less to allow for this and are waiting to hear if the vendors will agree, but more concerning is that the agent said the vendors are now panicking a bit as they don't have anywhere to move to yet. We can't really get our heads around the fact that although we have already started incurring costs (survey, solicitor, movers/storage etc.) the vendors are in no way obligated to proceed with the sale and could simply change their minds and decide not to sell. We already walked away from one property because it was obvious the vendor wasn't genuinely looking to move any time soon, but we want this house, and we want it in June for when we arrive back in the UK!
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:03 pm

Loopy Lisa wrote:
maureenscot wrote:People have spent years trying to get an LFO. Please let us know if you get it before you sign on the dotted line
If we don't get it - we wont be signing anything!! I am giving it 3 months to get it and if nothing by then, we shall leave it and move on to look again!!

I have looked at renting, and a lot of places wont take animals - we have a rabbit and a guinea pig, who are coming with us. If I had known how difficult it was all going to be I would have started the process years ago :crazy:
A couple that have bought an old property near to us were told they had to get an LFO in order to get the electricity connected for the first time. As it is an ancient building it wouldn't have had one and it didn't seem put them off buying it in the first place. They have just had the electricity connected so presumably without the licence. Lisa how old is the house you are interested in?

Surely a rabbit and guinea pig would be allowed? We said no pets in our UK rental house but they have guinea pigs which is OK by us (they live in the bathroom in their cage!) We would say no to dogs or cats as they can damage the property or wee (or worse) on the carpets etc.