Carrefour card

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Carrefour card

Postby bbobandannie » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:48 am

Forgive me if I appear thick but can anyone explain how I get my Carrefour club card rewards. We recently bought a TV with an ITV rebate of 107 Euros given on a club card. It has been added to the account but how do we get the "cheque ahora". The machines in the shop aren't any help. They only print available coupons. Are we missing something obvious. Any help greatly appreciated.

pensure1988
Resident

Re: Carrefour card

Postby pensure1988 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:33 am

Hi

You have to use the machines to obtain a voucher using a unique pin code obtained from Customer Services desk.

See webite below for more info.

http://www.carrefour.com.cy/index.php?id=165

Hope this helps

Nigel

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:21 am

That's the Cyprus web page.

When I bought my TV the other week they printed out a voucher which I used against a further purchase a week later. I have never used a machine to print out the vouchers, they give them to me when I pay and hand over my card. I don't know if it's different in different branches, I use the Rincon one. Any credit built up on the card that I have accumulated (according to the balance shown online) seems to be given to me with a voucher printed out at the till when I next go shopping.

With my Eroski loyalty card I have to ask when I am paying for goods if there is any money on the card to redeem, so perhaps it's the same for your Carrefour one if a voucher was not printed out at the time and given to you.

bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bbobandannie » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:33 pm

Thanks folks. Our online account shows the 107 euros as being there, available from the start of March (I believe its calculated quarterly) but we have never been given a PIN. We took it out on line and bought the TV as a "click and collect". No issues with being awarded the points and others that have since accumulated over that quarter. Its just the fact that we have never been given a four figure PIN for collection. I had thought that it was a case of scanning our card at the in shop machine and collecting a voucher. However, it just always says there are no vouchers available. Its times like this the lack of decent language skills really suck. I might try using it on line, see if that works or failing that I guess its Language practice as customer services!!!

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:19 pm

Will write more later but just to say I had this with a tv and I had to spend the 100 euros or so at the same time, ie in one shop, so beware!!!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:48 pm

Are you talking about a Carrefour credit card as you mention a PIN. I just have the loyalty Club Carrefour blue card and it doesn't have a PIN. As I say they just print off the voucher at the till when I pay. I used my 65€ against a new Smartphone, plus added another 5€ voucher they had given me off my next shop of 40€ or over, so a 70€ saving on a 99€ phone, so I am quite pleased with that :)

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:26 pm

Agree Wicksey. I have the blue loyalty card and you just get till slips for money off and offers. No PIN and have had mine for ages.

bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bbobandannie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:44 am

I mean the loyalty card. We bought on line and therefore no voucher was printed. Currently I have more than 107 euros sat there, topped up by later spends. We waited until the end of Feb where we had a statement on our on line account showing total credits from date of the card issue until the 8th of March, which I assume is the quarterly accounting date. Now its sitting there waiting to be spent. As I understand it, from their instructions, it mentions printing of a "cheque Ahora" from the machine, after inputing your 4 figure PIN, which we don't have. Not sure if any of this makes sense?

bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bbobandannie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:01 am

Further to my earlier, we have the Carrefour App, with this the cheque ahora appears and we are asked whether we want to use it. If you input "yes" it then throws up a bar code with a swipe indicator. I am assuming that this may mean we should present this, on the ipad to the cheque out to be scanned. Any ideas, has anyone used this app?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:06 pm

I would just go shopping! There is a limit to how long the credit stays valid so I would just go there and take the phone with the barcode on if needed. My voucher for the money off the TV only lasted 2 weeks from 24/2 to 11/3, commencing a few days after I had bought it, so I had to make sure I went back to spend the money before I lost it.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:31 pm

Just used my carrefour club card when filling up at a carrefour petrol station - on a €33 tankful of juice I got an €8 + to use in their hipermarkets. Makes the price of 95 sin plomo about €1.07 a litre.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:09 am

Not sure if you use Centro Commercial at Rincon but the customers services is opposite the main tills outside the shop. They are very helpful but as its in a Spanish area you may need to speak a bit of Spanish. They are getting better with there English but is is not like Fuengirola where everyone is fluent.

bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bbobandannie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:47 am

Cheers costa. Were closest to the big one in Malaga but will give it a go as I need to practice my Spanish anyway. Looks like customer services is the way forward.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:49 pm

I normally get a text message when i have a "cheque ahorro" to spend. When you go into the shop and you think that you might have one coming to you, go in and buy one thing, then when you pay, the till automatically prints out any vouchers that you might have coming to you, so then you go back in and spend it.

*unicorn* - of course.. its a "money off" voucher, not store credit.

personally i love it - knowing that i can go in and get something and get a 100 euro discount? excellent. or add it up as you go round. trainers, clothes, a new microwave etc. hand the the voucher and 3 euros :lol: and imagine how smug you will feel. Or even new tyres for the car, they are a good price in there if you have a "normal" size.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:19 pm

also, as above - the coupons have "use by" dates on them, and sometimes "use after" dates too - so have a look at that.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:27 am

That's why I said don't delay going as my coupon in relation to the TV discount was only for a 2 week period. Maybe mine was something different as it was a 15% discount on the price of the TV - not sure why I got it but it gave me (almost) a free Smartphone .... as you say SpanishLad, a good deal, especially as the TV was on offer too :thumbup: .

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:40 pm

Wicksey - you probably got a "sin iva" voucher from an offer that is running at the moment, they give a voucher for the value of the IVA so technically you are getting 21% back off the price to spend in store next time.

for example, right now they have a 40" samsung smart tv for sale at 429 euros, and you get a 77 euro voucher to use in store next time *which is only 18%* .. hmmm cheeky :silent: :think: :crazy: :crazy:

http://www.carrefour.es/sin-iva-tv-portatiles-foto.e/