procedure for selling a used car

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
masterob
Andalucia Guru

Re: procedure for selling a used car

Postby masterob » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:26 pm

If you decide to re-register in the UK there will be fees to pay here for that and, the car will have to conform to U.K. Vehicle Regs. The speedo will have to be calibrated in mph, headlights will require permanent adjustment (not the temporary sticky tape tourists use) etc.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:42 am

Thanks Rob, but the UK end isn't a problem. The DVLA website makes it all crystal clear. It's ensuring the car is no longer registered to me in Spain once I've disposed of it, that is the problem.
What I can't find out is how to pay Tráfico fees without physically going into one of their offices (or paying a gestor to go for me). I will already be in the UK when I decide whether to sell on Spanish plates or re-register it in the UK.

There's a page on Tráfico's website on paying fees, which mentions the possibility of paying by debit card: https://sede.dgt.gob.es/es/tramites-y-m ... -de-tasas/
However, the link takes you to https://www5.aeat.es/es13/h/pago017h.html, which simply lists a load of banks etc. who accept payment.
There's also a line which says "Si desea conocer la tasa correspondiente aplicable a cada trámite, puede consultar aquí." but when I follow that link, I can't see anything corresponding to a baja definitivo or transfer of ownership.
I thought there would be a payment form I could print off, which the bank could stamp to prove I've paid, or some explanation of how to pay by debit card to include a reference or something denoting what the payment is for.

Anyone with experience with Tráfico got any ideas?

Edit: I think I've answered my own question: it's modelo 791, which can be found here https://sedeapl.dgt.gob.es:7443/WEB_Tas ... index.jspx
and printed out to take to a bank.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:40 pm

Miro - not done it, but .... - I think you will find that you go into Trafico and they will give you a form to take round the corner to the nearest bank who will accept the money, stamp the form, and then you take the form back for Trafico to complete the deal. Then you march out with the required paperwork in hand.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:54 pm

Yes, I've found the necessary form to make the payment, possible by bank transfer, but it's the going back to Tráfico bit that's going to be tricky, because they don't have an office in the UK! Can't believe it still has to be done in person. It is 2017, isn't it?
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.