PayPal account scam

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
TorreDelAguila
Resident

PayPal account scam

Postby TorreDelAguila » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:19 am

We've recently had a couple of e-mails, which appear to come from PayPal, and requesting 'verification' of account, ID and bank details and account activity by logging on to PayPal via a supplied link.

These are not genuine. The second one even contained several spelling mistakes, although the first one looked convincing enough.

Don't go into your account via these messages. If you need to check account activity, do it by the regular PayPal log-on page.
Chris

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: PayPal account scam

Postby costakid » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:36 am

Just hover your mouse over the email address, that always gives them away. It will look similar but is always slightly different. Scam from our lovely Nigerian friends.

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:39 am

The ones I usually get have an email address of "pavpal"....looks OK at first glance!
nil illegitimum carborundum

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:21 am

forward them unopened to <[email protected]>
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:16 pm

I've had loads lately, practically every day I get at least one and I have given up sending them all to Paypal but note it as a phishing scam via the email account. Unless you have just used it for something I think they are all scammed emails and some have huge long email account names when you hover over it, nothing even like Paypal. Last one was from customer-believes.com and another from searchingforstories.com. I am annoyed that I seem to be in the phishing system now, somehow, and I get a few from Apple from time to time