Do not buy KÄRCHER Watertimer/Temporizador

Are you looking for information or help in the garden. Post your agriculture, flora and fauna questions, suggestions and comments here.
Mohssen
Tourist

Do not buy KÄRCHER Watertimer/Temporizador

Postby Mohssen » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:39 pm

Please do not trust the KÄRCHER Watertimer! It does not close the valve after the elapsed time. This has cost me 337 Euros of water bill from water company(Gahisa) during the month I was abroad.
I thought it was the fault of the battery. I put a new one in and it worked for 2 weeks and then it didn't close the valve again. Fortunately this time I was there to see it, it was the fault of the Watertimer/Temporizador.
The KÄRCHER company will not admit that this is a bad product!
So I don't recommend this product at all.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=51
Attachments
Kärcher Watertimer
Kärcher Watertimer

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Re: Do not buy KÄRCHER Watertimer/Temporizador

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:48 pm

Hello Mohssen,
Welcome to the forum :wave:

That's a hefty bill for water in Spain, and I always thought that the Karcher Brand was good and reliable...
I did have a similar problem with a timer from Lidl , but they immediately refunded my money and I bought a cheap one from the local bazaar and it's still working well.

Maybe it would be cheaper and more efficient to ask your neighbour to pop around twice a week and turn on your sprinklers... :D

Regards,
Gordon

jhonie99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jhonie99 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:14 pm

Bad idea involving the neighbours. They may be "honest", but the relatives, friends and acquaintances they blab to may not.

Key to successful living in Spain is to trust no one.

Currently, we leave our home for no more than a few consecutive days, due to all the robberies (confirmed) taking place and of course the care needed for our flora.

We have used an "aqua control" (that's all that's written on outside) successfully in the past, but to a max water usage of 1m3 for very vulnerable plants. No way would I leave the mains metered water tap open. A stray dog, a thief, my inlaws (they always think they know best!!), anything could deactivate the timer.

P.S. typical batteries bought in a retail store like lidl or mercadona, etc, are generally not powerful enough to power anything. You need proper "industrial" ones that can be bought online.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:32 pm

As an aside, Lidl batteries are very good. A recent TV program tested a load of different makes and the Lidl batteries were far better than Duracell batteries.

Sid

Mohssen
Tourist

Postby Mohssen » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:30 pm

Although I changed to an industrial battery it happened a second time, the valve didn't
close. So it must be something wrong with the KÄRCHER Watertimer/programador.

Mohssen
Tourist

Postby Mohssen » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:15 pm

It
Last edited by Mohssen on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:08 pm

You must have arrived back to a jungle :!:

:idea: Just an idea - It may not be faulty product but could have something to do with the water quality.

May be due to the water, up here in our area the water contains a lot of cal and even small amounts of grit, this can clog up the mechanism and stop the valves opening or closing even with the use of filters.

One of our garden pipe water feed systems has a manual clockwork timer, attached to the tap from a 1000ltr water tank, last year I got good use from it and it worked just fine. Last week I set it for and hour which would normally use about 100ltrs, but discovered an empty tank, it hadn't switched off because of cal build up. The larger part of the garden I attached four pop-up adjustable sprinkler valves, I normally operate these without a timer and switch them on from a normal garden tap without a timer. I only set this system up last Summer season but dismantled them at the end and soaked them in vinegar before putting them away until this season. I had used a battery operated timer system (S&M from Aki) once before attached to one of my mains taps, I also had a water pressure reducer and a water filter attached, one evening I heard a rather loud clicking noise, the valve on the system was trying to close but couldn't the sound came from cog mechanism slipping in trying to close, again this was fine grit blocking the ball valve.

Of course it's a risk leaving water on timers etc, what happened to you is something we fear happening to us, but we live here and it's unlikely we'd be away from the house for a long period during the Summer.

terry

Mohssen
Tourist

Postby Mohssen » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:50 pm

It wasn't any cal and the filter was clean. I put it back with a new batterie but after 2 weeks it happened again.
Then I changed it to my old programador "Gardena" again.
Thanks for your input!

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:41 am

Off topic but still water related. We use to own a little appt. Someone rented it. As they left they flushed the loo. The valve didn't shut off and the loo flushed for several months. Cost us 500 eu.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:13 am

Can in ask two questions if the water was mains clean water?
also if the water pressure on the inlet side is good?
These things have a magnetic selenoid valve and the water
push/pull effect.
The pressure of the water ensures the valve is closed tight
and the timed selenoid opens the valve.
Also any grit in the water will stop it from closing.

Mohssen
Tourist

Postby Mohssen » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:31 pm

Did you get anything from your insurance company (500 Euro) ? I haven't got anything yet. We're still negotiating with
Sabadell.