Antequera - Eroski/Carrefour

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
telboy
Resident

Antequera - Eroski/Carrefour

Postby telboy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:04 pm

Eroski Antequera at the La Veronica Shopping Centre are having a liquidation sale, a member of staff informed me that it is closing in June and re-opening later the same month as a Carrefour. Visited there April 10th 2017 many items between -10% and 50% off (not foodstuffs). Don't rush down there thinking you can get -50% on your next TV though, All electrical items are -10% and prices in comparison to other stores seem quite high even with the discount.

Is it illegal here in Spain to put higher price tickets on goods before claiming discounts on the same products :?:

terry

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Re: Antequera - Eroski/Carrefour

Postby TorreDelAguila » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:04 am

Carrefour takeover of El Ingenio's Eroski has been delayed "by paperwork", I was told by a Carrefour manager.
Maybe no-one could find the stapler. :think:
Chris

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:27 am

Or the 'VENDIDO' rubber stamp :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:14 am

?Carrefour takeover of Eroski delayed? ... methinks that there are already some changes in the Eroski store, Torre del Mar eg all organic products such as flour, sugar, pasta, seeds, juices, oil and vinegar, cereals, jams/marmalade, butter, yoghourt have all been removed ...and I expect the already reduced fruit and veg selection will shortly disappear too ...

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:04 am

Went to Eroski, Antequera, yesterday.....reductions taken off at checkout....got a Panasonic house phone at -15% (and I know that was a genuine reduction 'cos I got one there a month or so back at full price when we moved to a village nearby) ....most other stuff seems to be discounted.....some obvious "buy-ins" supposedly with big %age reductions .....but 'er indoors had to go to a chinese shop to get her pool lilo!
nil illegitimum carborundum

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:32 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if Carrefour product lines start appearing in the last of the Eroski stores, in order to "phase in" product, and avoid masses of previous stock having to be found a home. Easiest to do with "non-own-label" items, such as fresh produce, where the swap-over might even go unnoticed.

We shop at Carrefour Rincon regularly, and the range of produce there is pretty impressive, including fresh fruit and veg. Bound to be hiccups, until they discover what customers want in that location. Have always found Carrefour customer services really helpful. It took years for Eroski to do something about their dreadful reputation in this respect, particularly over durable/white goods.
Chris