I Hypnotized My Dog !!!!

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

I Hypnotized My Dog !!!!

Postby BENIDORM » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:58 am

Every day I hose and disinfect our patio to remove dust, evidence of dog number 1's and 2's mishaps and to deter insects and 2 of my dogs disappear as soon as I appear with the hose,they hide in corners and think that they have become invisible.
However the younger dog thinks it's a game and harasses me when I'm using the hose, so I sit her on top of a storage unit where she can watch me and she's quite happy .
Yesterday she looked a little depressed so I gently stroked her head and spoke to her in a quiet calm voice ( some people call it dog whispering ), she sat with her eyes closed and one paw raised in begging mode and I continued with my therapy longer than normal.
So then I proceeded to perform my cleaning duties, and after about 5 minutes I glanced around to see that she was still sat in the same position, paw still raised, eyes closed, so I turned off the hose and approached her....No Movement. !!

Sh..Shi.......Yikes I thought......I've Hypnotized her .. :shock: :shock:

So as I understand hypnosis, I re-started my quite tones and gentle stroking therapy, gradually increasing to a normal speaking voice then gently clapped my hands and she awoke , wagged her tail and licked my face.....phew...I was relieved that she was not displaying any ill effects...

Later I wondered if my therapy would work on Mrs.B, so I gently stroked her nose and rubbed her ears but stopped quickly when she threatened me with physical violence. :( ....

Dog and Wife are fine today... :thumbup:
Regards,
Gordon...(part time hypnotist....)

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Re: I Hypnotized My Dog !!!!

Postby Miro » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:50 am

Love it! You brightened up my day with that story, Gordon, thank you. :thumbup:
I might try a bit of cat whispering tonight, when our moggie starts her crazy half hour. lately she's taken to going behind the TV and trying to pull the cables out with her teeth. The more I remove her forcibly, the more she does it - it's become a battle of wits. It's like she knows she's getting thrown in a jaula soon and transported away from her home of eight years :eh:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:57 pm

Thank you Miro, I'm glad that you found it amusing !

With regards to your wayward cat, I could arrange a therapy session for her..mates rates of course... :lol: :lol:

Regards,
Gordon

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:30 pm

I thought it was wonderful too. :thumbup: I have heard of hypnosis for dogs and you seem to have done all the right things, it is harder to hypnotise a cat, but if you hit the right place when you stroke they will go into a semi trance like state until you stop stroking that is! :thumbup: I wish it would work so that when I take her to the vets she is not terrified out of her wits as she has to be sedated :thumbdown: You can do something similar with horses. I had one who loved to have his withers stroked (in a very small area) and sometimes he would nearly collapse so I needed to know when to stop! Other animals can also be hypnotised I believe.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:34 pm

I forgot to mention I always use my voice in soothing tones just as you did with your dog Gordon. That is what is recommended.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:07 am

Benidorm, did your dog wake up whilst he was robbing a bank?

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:17 pm

Unicorn,
I think that the only Bank that she would be interested in is the one in my flower garden where she keeps burying bones... :lol:

Regards,
Gordon