Renta 2016

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Renta 2016

Postby gerryh » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:03 pm

The Padre program seems to have been replaced by Renta WEB which is a web based program.
So it seems no more filling it in, printing it out, checking it over by comparing with last years submission.
Renta WEB is accessed by "You can register at cl@ve PIN or obtain the reference number."
Haven't had time, or the courage, to investigate Renta WEB further. :think:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

ajtg1952
Resident

Re: Renta 2016

Postby ajtg1952 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:31 pm

My wife has just completed ours. Allowances up and pound down so we've less to pay than we had put away. Once she'd worked out what is was all about, it took very little time to complete. Meal out this weekend, I think!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:45 pm

I haven't got round to looking at it yet, but I assume it is just an online version of the old Padre program and you fill in the relevant boxes. Is that the case?

Sid

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:51 pm

Yes it seems very easy to use unless I've missed something.
Everything pre filled from last years declaration and the tax with held from bank interest on saving was also pre filled.
All I needed to do with to fill in the one box with my total earnings for last year.
My wife will get a 15 centimo rebate as she doesn't earn enough, only her OAP, to pay tax so gets back the tax withheld on her interest from her bank savings.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:02 pm

That's good to know. I could never get Padre to remember our personal data and keying that in every time was about 95% of the effort!

Sid

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:35 pm

I hope this isn't a daft question, but if you use the Renta Web option, which sounds very good, by what means do you pay the tax bill? We have always gone to the Hacienda office and had them complete our returns before, and signed the form to pay by direct debit, but I assume that option wouldn't be available via this online system? I don't have a digital signature nor a cl@ve PIN (did apply and got the letter from AEAT with the verification code, but just could not get the system to accept the numero de soporte from our resident registration certificates so gave up in disgust), so I guess I would be looking at obtaining the reference number referred to in Gerry's opening post.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:07 pm

Obtaining the reference number is easy and that with your NIE number gives you access to Renta web.
As you are already in the tax system It should fill in all your personal and banking details for you.
All you should need to do is fill in your income.
Assuming you have a print out from your last tax declaration it should be fairly easy to fill in the online form.
Yes you can pay by direct debit. I think it also allows you to pay from a non Spanish bank but I need to check that.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:10 pm

ajtg1952 wrote: Allowances up
To what? Any details?
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:26 pm

gerryh wrote:Obtaining the reference number is easy and that with your NIE number gives you access to Renta web.
As you are already in the tax system It should fill in all your personal and banking details for you.
All you should need to do is fill in your income.
Assuming you have a print out from your last tax declaration it should be fairly easy to fill in the online form.
Yes you can pay by direct debit. I think it also allows you to pay from a non Spanish bank but I need to check that.
Cheers
Gerry
Thank you very much, Gerry, that sounds excellent. Yes, we do have copies of our last tax declarations so will definitely give this system a go. It wasn't too much hassle to go to Hacienda, but it will be even less to do it in a few minutes in my own home!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:36 pm

Miro wrote:
ajtg1952 wrote: Allowances up
To what? Any details?
I'm not aware of any changes. They all changed last year. The only change is in the tax rates which have gone down a tiny amount, but in Andalucia they are all different anyway - confusion as usual.

Sid

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:45 pm

I have enough confusion in my life at present with our ongoing sale. :P I've already given our info to our gestor to do our returns as usual, so I'm not going to fret about it, but if I'd seen this thread before, I might have given it a go. Just out of interest though, does the Renta Web program automatically fill in the applicable allowances and tax rates, or do you have to know what they are in order to enter them manually?

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:04 pm

It fills them in depending in which autonomous region you live.
Allowances and rates vary between regions
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:45 pm

Have just done my 2016 Declaración using the Renta Web system with identification number, and it was indeed very straightforward.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:17 pm

That's good to know. Hopefully more people will try doing it themselves rather than lining the pockets of the overcharging gestors and "financial experts".

Sid

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:11 pm

Our gestor charges €100 for two declarations. But for that, we also have an open door year round to pop in and ask him about anything else we need, which is useful and we always felt worthwhile. However, it's debatable how "expert" he is on certain subjects.
If we were staying, I would definitely go the DIY Renta Web route.

morlandg
Resident

Postby morlandg » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:46 am

Gerry - two things. Firstly can you rerun the programme using different settings? To decide if it's more economical to present a joint or two single declarations? And secondly can you remind me what the official exchange rate is for 2016?
Thanks Graham

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:38 am

You can run and alter it as many times as you want.
Nothing gets sent, or paid, until you send it to Aeat.
Do a run for joint declaration and it the summary it will tell you which is best for you, joint or separate.
You can then select whether to a joint declaration or individual ones.
Don't know the official exchange rate as my income is paid directly into my Spanish bank account.
The official exchange rate can be found in the FAQs of this forum.
Cheers
Gerry
Just looked it up for you.
Quote "Exchange rate for 2016 is 1.2234Eur/GBP"
Gerry Harris

morlandg
Resident

Postby morlandg » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:17 am

Thanks Gerry. Much obliged Graham

Terry Tibbs
Resident

Postby Terry Tibbs » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:53 pm

A favour to ask from Sid - please could you give me the link to the government site where the official average exchange rates are for 2016 are shown? I need to check some other currencies and also wanted to pass the details on to someone.

I've looked on the boe.es site (where the daily exchange rates are listed) but couldn't find the annual averages.

Many thanks!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:11 pm

We pay 75€ for 2 returns and I was going to start doing it myself but then the rules changed regarding declaring civil service pensions and there seems to be some question as to how much in expenses we can claim against our rental income, so I am leaving it to our gestoria. She will answer other questions we have and deal with any further letters or queries that arise, so I am continuing to pay her for the moment. I have managed previous returns by myself like the 720 though.