Renta 2016

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Renta 2016

Postby El Cid » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:40 pm

Terry Tibbs wrote:A favour to ask from Sid - please could you give me the link to the government site where the official average exchange rates are for 2016 are shown? I need to check some other currencies and also wanted to pass the details on to someone.

I've looked on the boe.es site (where the daily exchange rates are listed) but couldn't find the annual averages.

Many thanks!
You should find what you need somewhere on the ECB website.

Sid

Terry Tibbs
Resident

Postby Terry Tibbs » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:05 pm

Sid, many thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I found the average exchange rates at this location on the ECB site:

https://sdw.ecb.europa.eu/browse.do?node=9691296

Interestingly, the average EUR/GBP rate for 2016 (given here: https://sdw.ecb.europa.eu/quickview.do? ... EUR.SP00.A) is slightly different to the rate shown above and in the FAQ. The page shows a rate of 0.81948 <-> 1.2203, compared to 1.2234 shown earlier in this thread and the FAQ. Only a minor difference obviously, but I thought I'd mention it. The average rate for 2015 (0.72584 <-> 1.3777) matches the figure shown in the FAQ for that year.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:06 pm

I think we can settle for 1.22 to keep it simple! This is another site and that shows 1.2244

https://www.oanda.com/currency/average

Actually it is up to you to declare your income in Euros, you are not expected the show the maths! Personally, I use the actual Euro amounts paid into my bank.

Sid

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:59 am

The Euros coming into your bank may not represent your total income though?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:05 am

Most of it does, the rest I convert. By using the actual payments in, it uses the actual exchange rate used by the payee which is not usually as high as the interbank rate and it also absorbs any transfer costs.

Sid

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:39 pm

I gave all our income details to our gestor a couple of weeks ago, to get our IRPFs done before we get into the hectic period of selling our home & moving next month. Normally she does them within a day or two, but when I rang to check this morning, she said she can't do them yet because she "hasn't received the program" from Hacienda yet. WTF? So I had a play around with the Renta Web system, so that at least I can find out how much we're likely to be paying - even if I let her submit our declarations & pay her for the privilege, for reasons previously stated.
Starting with OH's declaration, the subvenciones from our town hall for the IBI and basura were listed automatically, so that they will be included as taxable benefits received :evil: . For no particular reason, the IBI and basura are in her name only. The amounts are correct.
When I came to look at mine, it automatically included a subvención from our ayuntamiento, of around €90. No explanation of what it is though, and having no idea myself, I went to the town hall to ask. They have absolutely no idea either. They confirmed there is currently no property listed in my name for the IBI or basura. They also said that Hacienda automatically receives this information, to which I asked the obvious question - since it clearly states it's a subvención from THIS ayuntamiento, where else could they have got the information? Shrug. Blank look. Brick wall.
Is it worth me going to Hacienda to ask? What's the point? They'll just tell me to ask at the town hall. :crazy:
In the scheme of things, €90 isn't going to make any difference - but that's not the point really.
It's DRIVING ME NUTS!!!
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:55 pm

Miro wrote:I gave all our income details to our gestor a couple of weeks ago, to get our IRPFs done before we get into the hectic period of selling our home & moving next month. Normally she does them within a day or two, but when I rang to check this morning, she said she can't do them yet because she "hasn't received the program" from Hacienda yet. WTF? So I had a play around with the Renta Web system, so that at least I can find out how much we're likely to be paying - even if I let her submit our declarations & pay her for the privilege, for reasons previously stated.
Don't you just love these "experts" who charge you money when they don't understand/ know what they are doing?
I prefer to do things myself as many years ago a Spanish Tax "expert" did my tax return for me for €60 which resulted in me getting a €4000+ fine from the Hacienda for trying to evade Spanish income tax plus a bill for the full amount of the previous years Spanish income tax. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:10 pm

Infuriating, yes. I also prefer to do things myself whenever possible, but a) "retaining" a gestor by allowing them to do our annual returns has some (questionable) advantages in case of unexpected nasty surprises, when they might just be useful, and b) navigating Spanish bureaucracy is not my favourite pass-time, in particular using "official" Spanish websites that constantly flag up security warnings, and run 20th century technology that simply doesn't work any more (see my post on DGT thread about Java - anyone remember Java???!!!)

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Thu May 04, 2017 4:32 pm

Our return is almost completed however we cant submit it until we declare the sale of pieces of land we sold last year , the notary that dealt with the sale was insistent that we have to include it on this years declaration even though we bought it for 16k 10 years ago and sold for 8k , all we could get from the lady in the Hasienda was that we had to list each piece individually as it comprised of 2 escritura each with two parcellas on however she didn't know what part of the tax return we have to input everything , she has not got this years return form to look it up as apparently this years wont be on the system until May 11th , its still showing the returns made in 2016 . Could anyone advise us where we give the relevant details so we can get everything completed If we get it wrong we could end up showing an 8k Capital gain but as things stand at present we dont even know what section or boxes to use and the lady in the Hasienda said the box numbers are not always the same each year and .

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu May 04, 2017 4:48 pm

Yes, our gestor told us she wouldn't have the Hacienda program until May 11th - even though you can do a self declaration right now using Renta Web. :wtf:

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu May 04, 2017 4:52 pm

AkoAko wrote:...., she has not got this years return form to look it up as apparently this years wont be on the system until May 11th , its still showing the returns made in 2016 .
Utter rubbish.
After the data for 2016 has been entered the return which is submitted this year 2017, for the financial year 2016 can be viewed, printed and when it is correct, submitted for payment.
May 11th is the earliest date that you can have an appointment with Hacienda.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu May 04, 2017 4:58 pm

And apparently the earliest date that the Hacienda programme for gestors (which is presumably, and for no obvious reason, different from renta Web) will be available

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Thu May 04, 2017 5:17 pm

gerryh wrote:
AkoAko wrote:...., she has not got this years return form to look it up as apparently this years wont be on the system until May 11th , its still showing the returns made in 2016 .
Utter rubbish.
After the data for 2016 has been entered the return which is submitted this year 2017, for the financial year 2016 can be viewed, printed and when it is correct, submitted for payment.
May 11th is the earliest date that you can have an appointment with Hacienda.
Cheers
Gerry
I agree this years is available online Gerry , as i said , i have completed most of ours but thats what the lady in the Hacienda told us and she was referring to her system and even turned the monitor around to show us it was last years for 2015 , was the reason she gave for not being able to help us with the relevant boxes for our land sale . We were at the office at 10am and given an appointment for 11am but were called within 5 minuites although the guard did say as you pointed out for Renta we would have to wait until after the 11th . Im puzzled now why she was unable to look up this years form as with everything else she was extremely helpful , when we told her we had almost completed our return but had to see them to have my name corrected , the pretext we used with the Guard to get the appointment , she asked if we would like a Clave while we were there as it might be useful and she could give each of us one , in our experience officials dont normally give themselves additional work if they can avoid doing so . O well another of lifes mysteries to go along side the need for a copy of NIE when the original was not acceptable .

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu May 04, 2017 5:28 pm

Miro wrote:And apparently the earliest date that the Hacienda programme for gestors (which is presumably, and for no obvious reason, different from renta Web) will be available
HMMM!!!
Taken from the AEAT site:-

"With the aim of facilitating the preparation, modification and filing of the Income Tax return, this year the PADRE program has been phased out and it is therefore unnecessary to download and install it on the user PC. In its place, all procedures can be carried out with the "Processing service for drafts / tax returns (Renta WEB)", accessible through any browser. Accessing this service is possible through any of the following identification and/or authentication systems: Digital certificate or electronic ID, Cl@ve PIN or Reference number."

Don't see why gestors should be able to, or even want to, use the replaced downloadable Padre program. :think: :think:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu May 04, 2017 6:52 pm

AkoAko wrote:... the lady in the Hacienda told us and she was referring to her system and even turned the monitor around to show us it was last years for 2015 ...
I wonder is it a case of the IT department normally come into the office, on or around 5th April, and download the latest Renta program onto each PC in the office?
This year they didn't as there isn't a Renta2016 program?
So she still had the Renta2015 program on her PC and that is what she showed you?
Perhaps now the IT department has got around to telling the people in the office that they use Renta Web accessed via a URL and this they will be using for members of the public who have appointments starting on the 11th May?
Cheers
Gerry
ex ICI IT department
Gerry Harris

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Thu May 04, 2017 7:38 pm

gerryh wrote:
AkoAko wrote:... the lady in the Hacienda told us and she was referring to her system and even turned the monitor around to show us it was last years for 2015 ...
I wonder is it a case of the IT department normally come into the office, on or around 5th April, and download the latest Renta program onto each PC in the office?
This year they didn't as there isn't a Renta2016 program?
So she still had the Renta2015 program on her PC and that is what she showed you?
Perhaps now the IT department has got around to telling the people in the office that they use Renta Web accessed via a URL and this they will be using for members of the public who have appointments starting on the 11th May?
Cheers
Gerry
ex ICI IT department[/quote

Not sure what she showed us Gerry , to be honest i didn't recognize the screen although she did say either she only had last years program or last years declaration on her system , found it odd that she couldn't access the web version that the public can , whatever the situation were no wiser , still dont know what section or boxes we have to declare the land sale on .

Coincidentally we passed someone we know on the way back to the car , she needed to submit last years for 2015 , she didn't bother last year as she had no income but her bank wanted her to do it to approve a loan , she was told she had to go in this week .

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu May 04, 2017 9:37 pm

Gerry, I have no idea why Hacienda aren't using the Renta Web system that Joe Public can use without a cl@ve, digital signature or even particularly advanced computer literacy, but it's not just Hacienda - my gestor also gave May 11th as the earliest date she can process our declarations, so gestors must have to use another system for some utterly inexplicable reason as well. The date can't be coincidence.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu May 04, 2017 10:40 pm

Wicksey, the gestor I had been using had absolutely the wrong idea about how civil service pensions should be entered last year, so I would not blindly trust that she will do it correctly. The way ours wanted to declare it would have cost us over €2000 more tax than the way I declared it using El Cid's FAQ info. Get her to tell you which box she intends to put it, then check with Sid is my advice, and if she has got it wrong do it yourself or find another gestor.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Sat May 06, 2017 8:17 am

Well im grateful for all the advice and we now know we have Permanent Claves although i think the Web Renta is sufficient for everything we need and i guess for many others however im still stuck on what part of the Renta i have to declare the CGT gain/loss , would like to get this thing completed and submitted and behind us so if anyone knows the answer i would be so grateful to be pointed in the right direction .

Google is of no help , plenty of advice on the basics of who is liable and what the have to pay but nothing to say exactly where other than on the annual tax return .

This is the link i posted on the other thread relating to dates and should help explain the query below .

https://postimg.org/image/mynu6rftf/

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat May 06, 2017 11:46 am