Labour Day

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
telboy
Resident

Labour Day

Postby telboy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:32 am

Forgive my ignorance but having lived here for 13 years (in the campo) I can never remember whether on Labour Day (May 1st) ALL shops are closed. I thought it may be different on the coast with it being the start of the holiday season.

I am travelling down to the coast Benalmadena/Fuengirola area to meet up with my sister and her partner who came over specially to do the Caminito del Rey yesterday (it was cancelled due to bad weather). They also planned on a shopping venture in Malaga City where they are staying on Monday until I told them shops will be closed.. They return to the UK Tuesday, I think they brought the bad weather and their bad luck with them when they arrived last Wednesday.

Can anyone tell me - all the major supermarkets on the coast will they be closed on Monday, if I check the opening times for each store on their own websites instead of saying CLOSED for this particular day, they say Holiday Opening Times, this implies that they are open.

Can anyone enlighten me?

terry :thumbup:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Labour Day

Postby costakid » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:25 pm

The shops maybe closed but al restaurants and bars will be open. Malaga city is great even when the shops are closed.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Labour Day

Postby Wicksey » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:43 pm

Just checked and Lidl and Mercadona websites say that they are closed on the 1st. Usually when Lidl's is shut most of the others are!