Rainwater coming down my Chimney

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
pensure1988
Resident

Rainwater coming down my Chimney

Postby pensure1988 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:54 pm

Can anybody give me some advice please and who is liable for the repairs thereof. I have a Chimney with a Brass Hood covering it in my Apartment within an Urbanisation. Rainwater seems to be coming down the chimney from both sides and accumulating outside the fireplace and on the floor. What can I do to keep this from happening in the future and what could be the cause of this invasion of Rain Water in my Apartment .I mention that I have never lit a fire since I moved into this Apartment in May 2010.

Many Thanks

Nigel

scotty
Resident

Re: Rainwater coming down my Chimney

Postby scotty » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:48 pm

I'd guess your community administrators will sort it for you if it's bad design in the chimney. So I guess it is raining there ?

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:14 pm

Depends on many things. Is the rain water coming down the inside of the chimney? Is this the first time? Where is your apartment in relation to the roof and the chimneys? Any neighbours having similar issues?
Some of the rain we have had over the last couple of days has been driving sideways so will have been forced into the chimney void and then down the flue. Some of the chimney brickwork and membrane etc may be suspect, external repairs would probably be the community's responsibility.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Tue May 02, 2017 5:31 pm

When we had that same problem it was the responsibility of the community. I would go and see either the President of your block or go to the people who manage the Urbanisation.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"