Registering with Endesa

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Registering with Endesa

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 08, 2017 3:54 pm

I can see from a search on here that it seems to have been a problem in the past, but I cannot see how the fact the site won't accept the NIE number has been resolved.

I get to the ID part and as soon as I put in the X it says it is invalid for an NIE, and it won't accept the first number either. I don't know what else to try as it is clearly shown on the bill.

Presumably I need to to register to check our daily usage? Our monthly kwh usage seems to be higher than before we had the smart meter and I'd like to do a daily check. We've not used any electric heating for ages but the bills don't seem to be any less for that.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Registering with Endesa

Postby gerryh » Mon May 08, 2017 4:07 pm

Are you sure you have selected NIE from the drop down menu?
It defaults to NIF so when you type in X it says Invalid.
I already have an account tried to set up another and accepts my NIE number, in the form, X1234567A OK
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 08, 2017 4:15 pm

Yes definitely chose the NIE option Gerry. Just tried again ... says "invalid NIE number". Are you using the site in English or Spanish? I am using English but wonder if it worked OK if I did it all in the Spanish one.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon May 08, 2017 4:18 pm

I just tried it in English but I seem to remember that I needed to use the Spanish version sometimes when I have tried to register for test purposes.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 08, 2017 4:30 pm

Nope ... just says "nie no valido" now .... I am giving up for today!

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Mon May 08, 2017 5:19 pm

I think I have found the answer I assume you are using https://www.endesaclientes.com/homes/user-register.html and have entered email etc to get the next page. You have to drop down from NIF to NIE as the default is NIF. Then as soon as you enter X it says invalid NIE number, HOWEVER, carry on with the rest of the number in format x1234567x i.e 9 characters and I get a green tick. Somehow it is checking the first character and immediately saying invalid so you assume it won't accept the rest.
The other problem you could be faced with is, when further into the registration, you really need to enter NIE or passport depending on what was entered on your initial contract. Took me ages to work out what was happening with a friend's registration until I realised he had renewed his passport and the account details had his old passport number. I think you would see this on your last invoice on the right hand side under datos del cliente so make sure that is what you enter.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Tue May 09, 2017 4:17 am

Anybody tell me where their HQ is, so I can try to arrange for it to be nuked.

Seems they have jazzed up their client web access ( b******d up is more accurate) and now I can't b****y well get in. Last time I looked it only needed a usario and a contrasena to check the account - now it's a s*****g Spanish inquisition !!!!!!!!!

I've been on paperless since forever, never bothered to print off bills as that seems contrary to the point of paperless, so I have no idea what my contracto is. The contracto seems now to have acquired a magical and vital status, which the poor swine who pay the bills need to access their accounts on line.

Not knowing my contracto, how do I find this ? Yes, you've got it, on line. Tried phoning and they are as helpful as a hole in a bucket.

I think the planet can go find a way to save itself in future, it's getting no further help from me. After run-ins over the last two weeks with the Town Hall, the Health Service and Seat, my wife is going to lock me in the spare bedroom today to avoid me going on a killing spree.

Parilla

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue May 09, 2017 7:14 am

Good morning Parilla,

40.4168° N, 3.7038° W .....................

I'm guessing your week can only get better........what else would you be doing if not for these challenges.......... :D

I've just had "fun" with obtaining a CL@ve PIN as they have changed the procedure .............. :evil:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Tue May 09, 2017 9:23 am

Thanks Enrique - feeling much better already, tranquilo again, shut in my room watching Youtubes of old Chuck Berry concerts and contemplating where we'll go for lunch.

Parilla

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue May 09, 2017 1:40 pm

Yay .... thank you fyfin. That did the trick. What a rubbish website that keeps showing you do not have the right number until it is all entered. As soon as I put in my contract number then the rest of the info on the last page (name etc) came up automatically.
I have the confirmation email although it is shown as "failing the fraud detection checks and may not be who they say they are". I haven't clicked on the link yet, but I presume it's OK ... it's from endesaclientes.com and has just come through after registering.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Tue May 09, 2017 2:08 pm

Wicksey - Sounds ok - too much of a co-incidence and that is the right website. Parilla I can't understand how you're having so much of a problem. I'm still logging in fine with a user name and password. The user name is my email address but previously I did have an account with a user name I had created. There is an online chat icon but unfortunately you need to be logged on to get it so not much help. They do respond in English though so useful if you finally log in and have a problem. You can also click "forgot password" and try your user name as email. Maybe there is another way to access the site , I do it from here https://www.endesaclientes.com/homes/login.html . Hope this helps.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Tue May 09, 2017 4:41 pm

Over the last couple of years, I've found several websites that will not function properly while in "translated mode". This includes non-UK Amazon sites, where you can browse, but not place anything in your Basket.
Cure is simply to go back in, and opt for Show Original when the dialogue box appears. Sites then work AOK.
Booking a Doctor's appointment is another one.
Chris

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Tue May 09, 2017 5:51 pm

Fyfin, I have no idea why but every time I try to log in, I am not offered the "old" way of entry (just NIE and password), I get the "new" request for four boxes to tick. I did phone them and was told they could give me the elusive contract number if I gave them other personal details. I gave them all the info they asked and was told they did not appear to have an account in my name. I said that since I had paid them, over some 12 years, not far short of 10,000 euros could I please have a refund but that went down like the Hindenburg unfortunately. Confirms the hole in bucket theory.

However, I've now solved the problem and I can access the account. I remembered that before we actually moved out here all those years ago, our lawyer set up all the utility accounts and connections for us, so I phoned him. Low and behold, he still held all the information including the contract number, and I didn't even have to pay him for the info ! I've always said Spanish lawyers are great.

So, I've had a lovely relaxing and successful day which has banished recent frustrations from the memory- a good dose of the music of my youth, a great lunch on the beach, and looking forward to the last episode of Line of Duty on catch up with a glass or two of Rioja.

You were right Enrique, what else/better to do ?

Parilla

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Tue May 09, 2017 11:01 pm

Well done mate - God knows why you had the problem in the first place but glad you got it sorted. Line of duty - just started watching on the android and completed the first series.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed May 10, 2017 10:25 am

In the confrimation email I clicked on the 'Activate User' and it took me to the user activation page on the Endesa site. It just says Personalizacion registro. If I change it to the Spanish site it then comes up 'El usuario ha sido activado con éxito' saying I am activated OK. When I try to then enter the site using my email address and password it says "This user is pending activation" ..... no wonder everyone complains about this site! I am going around in circles.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed May 10, 2017 10:31 am

Hi Wicksey,
Might need to leave it a day before trying a login..........give them time to "Update" your bits for real............ :idea:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed May 10, 2017 10:41 am

Enrique wrote:Hi Wicksey,
.....give them time to "Update" your bits ........... :idea:
Can't wait, Enrique :shock: :lol:

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi Wicksey - pulling my hair out here and started on my OH's - and he's got very little to spare! We are at exactly the same point you were at when registering with Endesa. Did they eventually accept you?

We really need to access our bill details as we haven't had a bill through the post for the latest tiny amount taken out of our bank - just over 3 euros . We recently had smart meters installed and - because of the numbers outside the house being wrong - we are wondering if our neighbour might have our meter. If so, he will be cross, as he doesn't live at the house, so presumably has tiny bills..... we are wondering if it's possible we got his bill.

My head is in a whirl, wondering what's going on.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:54 pm

The bills are probably going to a wrong address. I found registering relatively easy but you do need the last invoice and if you haven't got it then you will need to ring them on 800 76 09 09 or 937 061 510 and ask to speak to someone in English. Hope your resolve it.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi fyfin - I think we are OK re bills, we have put our name over the door and our own correct number plaque but the meter is directly under the wrong number. We have been getting mail OK - although we do have a new postperson!

We did manage to look at SOME bill details on the site (can't log in yet and see all the details until our registration is approved) and feel slightly re-assured we have the right meter. There is a bigger payment due to go out (pending payment) so hopefully that's for our meter. It's of a size that I wouldn't expect to be the bill from an unoccupied house, if the meters were wrongly installed.....Until our Endesa registration is accepted, can't be 100% sure, though. I'll give it a couple more days before phoning, maybe the bill will arrive in the post in the meantime. Main worry is that our neighbour who doesn't live here might refuse to pay our (?) bill and then we'd be cut off, presumably. That would take a lot more sorting out and of course, we want to avoid that possibility.

Presumably though, our old meter would have had a number and the new meter would surely have had to link up with that.....I know lots of Spanish houses have the wrong house number on the wall, surely the meter installer wouldn't go by the house number.....