Postal service

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Rummii
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postal service

Postby Rummii » Wed May 10, 2017 12:05 pm

Hi
Can someone tell me if I wanted to send a package back to uk can I get an equivalent to recorded mail or something that is tracked as I dont want documents to get lost as they are irreplaceable
Any help on this matter would be appreciated
Thanks

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Re: Postal service

Postby patricia » Wed May 10, 2017 12:32 pm

Yes you can. They will just ask you if you want it registered or "normal". I always go for normal as the last time I sent something recorded delivery it was signed for at the company but never made to the person it was meant for. There are other options as well. Private companies. I am sure someone will be able to tell you the best.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed May 10, 2017 1:31 pm

Hi Runnii,
" lost as they are irreplaceable ".....

Options.
1) will they accept an emailed scanned copy......... :?:
2) will they accept a copy of the originals.............. :?:
3) Make copies before you send them..............a must anyway .
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed May 10, 2017 3:27 pm

Just tell them at the Correos that you want 'con firma'. Meaning with a signature and they will give you the service where you can track it and it will be signed fir at the far end.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed May 10, 2017 4:04 pm

The postal service in Spain is cr=p. I wouldn’t send anything of value or that can’t be replaced with Correos. Use a private courier.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu May 11, 2017 6:36 am

I always send everything but the most basic of letters by 'Certificado'. Never failed once in 10 years.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu May 11, 2017 6:55 am

Same here never had a problem sending anything via Correos in the 13 years I have lived here.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu May 11, 2017 7:22 am

gerryh wrote:Same here never had a problem sending anything via Correos in the 13 years I have lived here.
Cheers
Gerry
Surprise Surprise. If I had said the service was brilliant you would have said the opposite. Correos is a 3rd world service compared to the UK.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Thu May 11, 2017 7:46 am

For many years I have been a very regular user of Correos and even though I'm now retired I still send and receive a lot of mail ( I exchange and loan historical ephemera to friends and organisations for research purposes ), much of my material has no 'real ' value and I send by regular ( normal ) mail.
Scarce and more valuable items I send by certified mail, although I have to say that normal mail often arrives quicker, but if I feel it necessary I do always send by 'signed for' method.( I also always have copies of everything ).
So, I can honestly say that I've had minimal problems with Correos over the almost 30 years that I've been using the system and the same goes for the Royal Mail, this week I posted 3 items on Monday, 2 to London which arrived yesterday ( that's quick ) and 1 to Lithuania, which usually takes about 7 days.
If you require to know that an item has been delivered to the destination then always use 'certificado' , otherwise use normal mail , but always ask for a receipt from the post office in Spain and in UK ask for 'proof of posting'.
And don't forget to address your mail clearly and correctly and on the reverse always put your full 'senders ' address details.
Regards,
Gordon. ( a member of the Correos appreciation Society.) :D

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu May 11, 2017 7:52 am

BENIDORM wrote: Regards,
Gordon. ( a member of the Correos appreciation Society.) :D
Otherwise known as CAS! :P

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu May 11, 2017 8:30 am

Takes upto a month for us to recieve letters from the U.K. the one time i used certificada the letter was sat in malaga sorting office for over ten days before they bothered to send it to madrid.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu May 11, 2017 11:02 am

I found that too. That is why I do not bother. Touch wood and whistle everything I have sent by ordinary post has got there and also within a few days. I never put them in post boxes. I take them into the correos office and the put them straight into the sack :thumbup:

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu May 11, 2017 12:13 pm

Surprise Surprise. If I had said the service was brilliant you would have said the opposite. Correos is a 3rd world service compared to the UK.
What us? Say the opposite? Surely not? :lol: :lol: :lol:

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Thu May 11, 2017 12:25 pm

Costakid,
You seem to be getting more and more grouchy. Surely not the onset of an age-related grump?

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Thu May 11, 2017 12:35 pm

Costakid does have a point though :wink: ....birthday card posted in Nerja Correos 27th April correctly addressed to destination of Seville.....as of yesterday 10th May NOT arrived
I So Bella tis you

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu May 11, 2017 12:54 pm

The local ones take forever. I am not sure why! :thumbdown: The bills arrive on time though :D

Rummii
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Rummii » Thu May 11, 2017 4:04 pm

Thank you for all your replies.

You have all been a great help :thumbup:

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu May 11, 2017 6:17 pm

My cynical self believes that anything that looks like a greetings card, and which may have money in vanishes well before delivery. This is not just a Correos thing as there has often been cctv shown on television of staff at Mount Royal blatantly opening such mail. Nothing done of course as the cctv infringes the union members' civil liberties.....
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu May 11, 2017 6:29 pm

No idea what happened to my post it disappeared. As I was saying about three or four years ago, the street which was privately owned was ceded to the townhall and the numbers changed. From 23, to 21 and then finally to 19! Any letter which did not have the correct number on was not delivered. Every single card and present for Christmas a few years ago was never delivered, but neither was it sent back. I had, had the same postman for years and I always said hello to him whenever I saw him, but he stopped talking to me and became rude. I asked him what had happened to my post and he told me that they had to have the correct address on. Spanish letters got through but were stamped with "wrong address" on it. I have no idea where all those cards and presents went. Despite having return addresses on they were never returned :evil: and they were never delivered :twisted: . Since then I have gone off the correos de Espania! :thumbdown:
Last edited by patricia on Thu May 11, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu May 11, 2017 7:13 pm

How ironic .a birthday card arrived today from the U.K .it was posted on the 8th may!!. That must be a record but tbh it just shows how rubbish they are.hiw can one letter take so few days then another upto or over a month. I guess the card arrived at the sorting office on the one day of the month they work!