Postal service

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Re: Postal service

Postby Lyric » Thu May 11, 2017 7:21 pm

Elusive I am afraid that you are suffering Correos problems amplified by the efficiency of the occupants of the Garage. We had terrible mail problems when living in Frigiliana. We thought an overall problem at the time. Since we have moved and are Campo dwellers with an accomodation address (NOT Correos Buzon) we have had no trouble, and the Torrox Costa post office seems to cope well too.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri May 12, 2017 7:17 am

I've experienced the rapid deliveries and the lost mail, plus the birthday money cards disappearing and all that. However, if you send mail 'Certificado' you can track where it goes wrong. I'm saying nothing but it seems to be all right this end which is why I posted that it's never failed once ... here.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri May 12, 2017 7:33 am

It hadnt always been like this lyric.maybe i dont know the last 9 months.and i agree hpw you can have a garage for sich a population is beyond me.

I tracked my certificado to sunning its self on the malaga beaches for ten days before thinking i better move on. .once in the uk detailed tracking all the way and delievered within a day or so

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri May 12, 2017 9:57 am

I posted a cheque to my UK bank to be paid into my account (building society withdrawal, has to be done by cheque) on Monday, by normal post,not certificado, and put in a post box rather than being taken to Correos. The funds are in my account this morning so I can't complain about that service. Mail coming the other way from the UK to here also seems to be arriving as normal, although some local mail (eg a fiscal residency certificate sent from AEAT in Malaga) seems to have been taking longer than usual to arrive, just lately.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri May 12, 2017 12:15 pm

Post to my house in Spain is none existent, being just under a mile outside the nearest village is just too much trouble to deliver to us so we have to collect mail from the post office which is open an hour on week days...Most of our post is addressed to a relative and thank goodness it is...Yes Spain is a 3rd world country compared to the Uk, at least every farm and remote home has a postal service! Having said that there are some very shady characters working for our postal service in the Uk, twice i sent mortgage documents by recorded delivery and both times they were never delivered, no one could explain why so now i have little trust...

Rummii
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Rummii » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:50 am

Just a quick update , it was a parcel about shoe box size sent it secured , posted it on a Friday and turned up the following Friday in uk which is the exact day lady in post office said it would be ......so glad it arrived so maybe different areas have different success rates etc
Thanks again