Electric Sit down Scooter

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
john the baptist
Resident

Electric Sit down Scooter

Postby john the baptist » Wed May 17, 2017 6:59 pm

Hi has anyone one seen the lastest "toy" scooter that the kids have that have a seat and go fast, they run on batteries and look like fun. Does anyone have one Im thinking of getting one to keep up with my kids who are now too quick for my to keep up with for 2 hours.

Does anyone know what the legalities are of these scooters, is it private land only do you need a helmet and are there any models that you can do some mild off roading ie can be used on grass or gravel.

i know most people will think that they are dangerous and a menace however they are perfect for me as you can throw it in the back of the car and would also be useful for a quick trip for bread at the local shop without getting out the MPV out of the garage.

If there was one that could be used in the campo Id get one. Ive seen some that can do 35kph so they claim but I am 90kg and six foot so im skeptical

Manchesteral
Resident

Re: Electric Sit down Scooter

Postby Manchesteral » Fri May 26, 2017 1:01 am

Just seen this post, My mate who's 64 years old has one here in Gran Canaria, no helmet required, no insurance, he reckons he can use it for buzzing around on an average day 12-15 kms and it takes 6 hours to recharge, he paid €600 for it ! Me, I prefer something with a considerable amount of BHP, but I don't have anything except a "shopper bycycle" at the mo, maybe later when the the rules are clearer to me :-)

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Fri May 26, 2017 10:09 am

It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Wed May 31, 2017 10:32 pm

cheers Ive got a scooter that does 150kph but the electric one is for the kids (me really_ and I nipping around the village the maxi scooter is terrible at less than 20 kph on the shiny round abouts

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:21 am

"john the baptist" i expect with a name like that you qualify for wings.