Renta 2016

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Renta 2016

Postby AkoAko » Sat May 06, 2017 1:53 pm

Thank you ElCid , the web renta appears to be different from the manual although i did read everything before looking at the web renta for this year

There is room on the form for 2 catastral reference numbers but we have 4 and it says to use additional pages , does that mean we cant file online and have to print off and post everything .
Last edited by AkoAko on Mon May 08, 2017 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sun May 07, 2017 10:01 pm

Question for the experts!
Still waiting for our gestor to get whatever program it is that they're supposedly waiting for, but meanwhile, having a play around with the Renta Web system, I noticed the following when doing a provisional return for OH:
For her pensions, I put the total amount in box 001 and nothing else. The system then automatically reduced this amount by €2,000 under "Rendimiento neto previo" - box 016. This corresponds to what our gestor applied last year. It then applied a further reduction under "Reducción por obtención de rendimientos del trabajo" - box 020.
I showed this to our gestor, who was unsure what it was (and looked decidedly nervous when I said we didn't get that reduction last year!) It appears to be about a 13% reduction on the previously reduced figure.
Anyone got any idea what this extra reduction might be?
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun May 07, 2017 10:17 pm

It could be the extra allowance you get for low incomes. I will have another look at the manual to check.

From the FAQ.

Low income allowance
Income up to 11250 you are allowed 3700
Incomes between 11250 and 14450, it reduces on a prorate scale to zero above 14450.
If you have investment income above 6500 you don't get this allowance.

It is the same as last year so if you get it this year and not last year there is a mistake, but that is unlikely as it is generated by the program.

Sid

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sun May 07, 2017 10:20 pm

I wondered that, but her total income was over €14,450
I'm sure there's a mistake, but I don't know whether I've made it on this year's, or our gestor made it on last year's. I'm hoping it's the latter!!

Edit: just worked out, her pension income last year was just over €14,450, but this year just under, due to exchange rate differences. "Investment" income was under €6,500. Could this explain it?

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon May 08, 2017 7:49 am

You didn't say what the amount of the additional deduction was. You should be able to calculate what it should be from the details I posted and then compare that with what you actually got when you ran the program.

Sid

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Mon May 08, 2017 8:54 am

Anyone know if additional pages can be generated on the web renta and how , found everything i needed to input our Land sales but so far can only give the details of one of them , seems odd they dont make some sort of provision to declare more then one Capital Gain on the online form .

Keep getting 5 warnings when i preview the return , how do i remove them so i can submit the return once i fond what to do about declaring another 3 pieces of land . View each warning and none are applicable , one is our IBAN number , its there and correct another is regarding claiming allowances again not applicable so how do i remove warnings , they just wont go away .

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon May 08, 2017 10:06 am

They are just warnings. If you are sure they don't apply then just ignore them.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Mon May 08, 2017 10:24 am

Thanks Gerry , once i know where to input the land declaration , will try submitting . As a matter of interest why do you think the manual examples dffer from the Web Renta , will post links to manual and actual , not only is format different the requirements are also .

https://postimg.org/image/5aanujw2z/

https://postimg.org/image/vhu1ttgan/

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Mon May 08, 2017 11:02 am

Thanks Sid. I'll send you a PM with some figures :D

AkoAko, if you are getting warnings there are errors you need to correct before you can submit the form. Does your IBAN contain zeros and / or letter O's? Have you got them right? If it is correct, then the format may be wrong, e.g. remove all spaces between the groups of figures, or add spaces, or something silly like that. If you are not eligible for a certain allowance, you may have to enter a zero in that field. You'll have to play around, but if you don't find the correct way to fill it in I don't think you'll be able to submit it.

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Mon May 08, 2017 11:29 am

The IBAN is correct , it shows boxes and automatically enters in the correct order and number of digits as you input them . Thers is not always option to put in zeros as things like donations to Catholic church only requires a box ticked , if you dont want to donate you leave blank and theres nothing else to do .

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Mon May 08, 2017 11:41 am

Can't suggest anything else then other than take Gerry's advice. Good luck!

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Mon May 08, 2017 2:49 pm

Found where to add additional declarations for Capital gains , its a small rectangular box on top of the page looking like an online video player , adds a a fresh page every time the right arrow is pressed . Just need to see how to remove these error warnings and i can submit everything .

Have a new one now , when added one parcella of land i selected code for Property in Spain without catastral number , now its saying error ," no catastral number , please check .

Heres what im getting now and all are either correct or not applicable .

[Declarant] -You have not marked the corresponding box (s) to the TAX ALLOCATION TO THE CATHOLIC CHURCH AND / OR THE ALLOCATION OF AMOUNTS TO ACTIVITIES OF GENERAL INTEREST CONSIDERED OF SOCIAL INTEREST
Go to the Warning
Type of mistake: Warning
-
100R392
[Declarant] - Before printing (pre-declaration) or send the declaration electronically, check if you are entitled to some autonomic deduction
Go to the Warning
-
100P463
[Declarant] - For any of the gains or losses from property transfers did not indicate the cadastral reference of the property: check that it is correct
Go to the Warning
-
100P494
[Declarant] - Before printing (pre-declaration) or submitting the declaration electronically, confirm that the IBAN code of the reflected bank account is correct
Go to the Warning
-
100P384
[Declarant] -You must indicate the place and / or date of the declaration
Go to the Warning
-
100P446
[Declarant] -Check that the IBAN code of the bank account of entry or return incorporated in your individual declaration through the process of downloading your tax data is the one that you want to use

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon May 08, 2017 3:31 pm

You don't have to remove the warnings.
They are just warnings/ reminders of things for you to check.
After you are sure they don't apply, just ignore them.
They used to show up on the old downloadable Renta program.
I've always ignored them and printed or submitted my tax return.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Mon May 08, 2017 4:25 pm

Thanks Gerry , didn't want to try that until i was ready to comit to submitting , dont know if theres anyway to amend after that or if its the point of no return .

Do you know if theres any way to check they still have our postal address , were up in the hills so we use a PO box . Did the modelo 30 years ago and we always get mail from Hasienda but this year the Tax return has been such a hastle with them getting my name wrong i just want to be sure i haven't remover or changed it as out home address is all it shows .

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon May 08, 2017 4:50 pm

Don't know how far you have got but when you select "Presentar Declaration" it takes you to another page wher you can present it immediately, to Hacienda and pay now, or select "Impression declaration" which will give you a downloadable PDF to view/check/ print without anything going to Hacienda.

Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Mon May 08, 2017 5:24 pm

Yea i have the sample returns to go through before i present it to them .

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon May 08, 2017 6:04 pm

AkoAko wrote:
Do you know if theres any way to check they still have our postal address ,
When you get to this page https://postimg.org/image/nz2cm8ojb/ select the last option to view/ change your address.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Thu May 18, 2017 8:58 am

When submitting the return online will i have to provide supporting documents from the UK such as P60 for State and Private pensions and UK bank statements to show the net interest paid and if so how are they sent , is there an option to attach anywhere or do they have to be posted desperately . I am ready to submit the return now , i have the P60 for my private pension but still awaiting the one for my State pension so im not sure if it would be prudent to wait a while in the hope they reach me here , our post is not that reliable and 2016 is my first year of receiving the State Pension

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu May 18, 2017 9:45 am

The tax system here is self declaration - there is no requirement to show evidence of income etc. Obviously you need to be able to show evidence should you ever have the misfortune to be the subject of a tax investigation so keep the documents safely just in case.

Basically, you just work out your total income in each category (pensions, savings etc.), convert to Euros by any method you choose and put the total Euro figure in the relevant box.

Sid

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Thu May 18, 2017 10:34 am

Thanks Sid , i used the rate that was posted here in another thread , rounded it up to 1.23 . Now i know i dont have to wait for the P60 i can get things off once i overcome the feeling that i might have missed something , seems this year theres been a lot of additional declarations to add , normally nothing more than adding my Private pension and accepting everything the Hasienda have already added through the NIE information they receive .