Renta 2016

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Renta 2016

Postby El Cid » Thu May 18, 2017 10:49 am

What sort of additional declarations? I haven't done mine yet, but I wasn't aware of any major changes.

Sid

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Thu May 18, 2017 11:23 am

Sorry Sid i wasn't referring to changes on the Renta declaration but my personal additions that the Hasienda dont already know about through the use of NIE numbers . In 2016 my state pension started and i also sold some land so that meant i had to fill in a section i haven't used before to declare the figures for CGT then there was interest from UK bank and building societys , next year should be straight forward though .

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu May 18, 2017 11:25 am

OK - understood - thanks.

Sid

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sat May 27, 2017 10:24 am

Miro wrote:Our gestor charges €100 for two declarations. But for that, we also have an open door year round to pop in and ask him about anything else we need, which is useful and we always felt worthwhile. However, it's debatable how "expert" he is on certain subjects.
If we were staying, I would definitely go the DIY Renta Web route.
Turns out there was some value in using the gestor. When she submitted our returns, she marked them down for direct debit (with my consent) as usual. 1st payment on June 30th. Since then, I've decided to close our bank account before then, before we leave Spain for good early June. So not wanting to bother with the middle man, I went to Hacienda with a "cita previa" to get it changed to cash payment. Firstly, the jobsworth I got told me I'd requested an appointment for something else. I hadn't been sure which of the many options available when making the online appointment was relevant, so selected the maximum allowed, three, which I thought were closest. I got it wrong, and he refused to help me. So I went to the reception desk and asked what flavour appointment I should request in order to change the method of payment. After a lengthy discussion with a colleague, I was told it's not possible.

So I went back to my gestor, explained the problem, and she fixed it. I simply paid the tax through my bank in the normal way, and then took the payment reference back to my gestor, who entered it on the system to show that it's been paid, and cancelled the direct debit. Whether or not Hacienda will still try to take the money again on June 30th, who knows? But the account will be closed anyway! :wave:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Wed May 31, 2017 8:21 am

Just wanted to thank everyone that gave me the advice on this years Tax declaration , it was very much appreciated . After a week of procrastination i eventually gritted my teeth and pressed the submit button , today , exactly a week later the refunds were in both my wifes account and my own .

Two years ago after my submission i received a letter a week later requesting a copy of my P60 , a week after i provided it the refund was in my account so on the basis that they wont make the refunds until they are satisfied everything's in order and acceptable to them im assuming everything including the Capital Gains aspect of this years declaration was done correctly .Hopefully this his should give anyone contemplating doing their own Tax this year a bit of encouragement .

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:05 pm

Just a quick question for someone please . Showed friends how to access Web Renta , they only need to change their returns from joint to individual and add the husbands UK State Pension to Submit , no problem adding his UK State pension but how do i show them how to change to Individual returns , up to now the husbands had no income and the wife didnt need the additional allowance , think the Abligado who did it just did joint returns for them for no particular reason but now its important to change it over .

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:54 am

In my case when I have finished the declaration it shows me which is more favourable, joint or separate declarations and how much tax is owed .
Also when I select the present the declaration it asks me whether I want to present mine or my wife's declaration.
Doesn't it work like that in your case?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:29 am

Thanks Gerry , mine was the same but for some reason my friends were in such a state i couldn't think straight and had a mental block . I did verify the husbands as there has never been a return for him before so had to generate another tx with code , interestingly you can use same phone number for that unlike the Clave where each has to have a different phone number , once loged on for him the three options as you mentioned came up and it all came back to me .