Nerja

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Nerja

Postby Pamela1 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:04 pm

I'm in Nerja and loving it....been 20 yrs since I was last here and there is more of everything..People here are very sociable...My daughter and I got the train from Malaga airport and then the bus, cost around 6.50 euros each..cant go wrong!....

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Nerja

Postby costakid » Mon May 22, 2017 10:10 pm

Enjoy. Try restaurant Pata Negra if your there for a few days

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:11 am

Thanks for the recommendation Costakid, :thumbup:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue May 23, 2017 9:35 am

There are two Pata Negra restaurants both owned by the same people. Pata Negra 57 is the newest and smarter of the two. Both are excellent, but I prefer PN 57. Not cheap. €50 a head inc wine as a minimum.

Sid

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun May 28, 2017 1:00 am

Pata Negra was excellent, thank you Costakid ...I'm just back from Nerja and will definitely be going back, having done all the usual resorts Marbs, Fuengi, Benal and Torre over the years i have to say Nerja is the favourite and a nice change...
My daughter and i decided on a mini break and i knew if we went to the house some of my time would have been spent on chores around the house and because we were only away 5 days we decided on staying in Nerja and i'm so glad that we did...
I wonder if those of you who are property owners in Andalucia but do not reside full time also get tired of arriving at your holiday homes and find the first few days spent cleaning etc? perhaps a question that i should have raised under a different subject heading but for those who read this post it would be interesting to read..

truebrit
Resident

Postby truebrit » Sun May 28, 2017 11:30 am

I live permanently in Spain but every few months book few days away in Malaga just to get away from the daily routines. Come back feeling invigorated and ready to face the chores again. Love Malaga.

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Sun May 28, 2017 8:59 pm

Blimey... That journey sounds remarkably cheap.

I know what you mean about arriving at your house and spending time sorting stuff out. We only had a little place and had to store everything away when we weren't there ( we shared with another couple) . In the end we sold up. Never regretted buying or selling.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun May 28, 2017 11:00 pm

Yes it was certainly good value but i do think public transport is cheap compared to the Uk and bus services are quite regular which is good. We usually hire a car or mini bus ( depending on how many of us there is) to travel up to our house from the airport but when it is just myself and hubby we have often taken the bus because the fare is half the price of car hire. The fact that car hire is more convenient dosen't bother us because we often like to stay overnight in Granada on the way up and quite like not having the hassle of parking.

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Mon May 29, 2017 8:11 am

Sent you a pm