Movistar Fibre

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
john the baptist
Resident

Movistar Fibre

Postby john the baptist » Mon May 29, 2017 8:16 pm

Hi Ive just got Movistar Fibre installed for €60 a month and 2 mobile lines and TV.

Its going up to €75 a month in 6 months which is a lot. we originally signed up for 39€ all in but then the bills went up and up and up.

our original fusion package does not exist now and i just wanted people opinion.

We only get 50mb Max which is great but I hear that there is 300 mb available. it is alot of money are there better deals out there??? the spanish TV is ok but its not BBC SKy etc.

any thoughts anyone

cheers JB

northandsouth
Resident

Re: Movistar Fibre

Postby northandsouth » Mon May 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Interesting. We signed up back in May 2015 for the standard 300mb fibre fusion deal + landline + 2 mobiles (didn't bother with movistar TV) at €62 monthly and we're still paying the same. Very satisfied with the service so far and have no indication it's going up in price either.
Did you originally sign up on a special limited time deal?
I just looked online and their current deals are a minefield :crazy:

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Tue May 30, 2017 4:28 pm

Well well well, just got the latest bill sent through on e mail and mine has gone up to €67 :evil:

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Wed May 31, 2017 8:23 am

the fusion package kept going up and up. we noticed the basic was increasing all the time. however my wife then got a text saying about they will start to charge for data. we started tp make calls and it turned out what ever you started with has be changed renamed stopped whatever so it keeps going up.

its 60e for 6 months, then goes up to 75e we have not even bothered with the mobile lines yet we dont make calls nationally, tv ok but as i mentioned before its not uk tv. It seems alot of money now days when its hard times for all of us.

My advice is for everyone to check their bills monthly as they seem to change all the time.

does anyone else use jazztel ono or orange are there better deals with say free uk calls???

ebbnflow
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ebbnflow » Wed May 31, 2017 8:48 pm

Movistar have always played the same game. Move the goal posts when they feel like in order to charge more.
Left them a long time ago and never returned. All the providers have their faults of course but I personally found Movistar's dishonest accounting too much to endure.

Jazztel offer very good packages, they can be a real pain to make the changeover but on the whole are OK.
Most recently with Orange, less competitive but a little more professional than Jazztel.
According to friends Vodafone currently have some good deals too.

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:24 am

FYI I activated the second line yesterday and was told after 6 months we can have the same package without tv for €55 a month. thats fibre 2 mobiles and land line (free minutes on everything). which is a good deal. (i think).