renew digital certificate

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

renew digital certificate

Postby chrissiehope » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:16 pm

I did a quick download before turning in for the night, and have received a quite long email advising me /my late husband, that his digital cert will expire in 2 months (I think - I've only quickly sped-read). Now obviously, as he is my late husband, he no longer has a need for this, but also presumably, I will need it to submit the Renta for 2013 for his half of the property ?

So, as if I didn't have enough on my plate, a job I was planning on leaving till nearer Dec, may have to be done within the next two months and then just let his cert expire....
(I expect one will arrive for me tomorrow :roll: )

Any advice ?
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: renew digital certificate

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:32 am

If you want to submit the declaration with his digital certificate you will either need to do it before it expires or renew it as you are obviously aware.

If you are coming to Spain after his certificate expires but before the 31st December you could just fill in the form and take it to the bank for payment. You do not need a digital certificate for this.

I am sure you know that you can renew your digital certificate online without needing to go through the whole procedure again as long as you do it before it expires.
Let's go Brandon!

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:17 pm

Yes, I suspected as much - my reminder arrived this morning !

Luckily I now have in UK the laptop that we used in Spain when first getting the DC, as I think the email says to use that when renewing.

As you say, I could do it the 'old-fashioned' way, but I can't guarantee I will be in Spain before the end of the year (tho' I hope I will be :D )

Oh well - off to set up the laptop..... :roll:

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:36 pm

Well, after a bit of trial & error I have managed to renew both certs, but for some reason I can't get it to show hubby's on the pc :thumbdown: so I don't know if it has downloaded. It is showing up OK on the website, so it has been updated, on the pc it is still showing last used 2011.
Another slight complication is I didn't think I had put a Private Key on them, but I'm being asked for one when I try to open hubbys cert...assuming I did set a key, I would have made a note of it somewhere, but so far haven't been able to find it :problem:

Anyway, I have made notes about the process which I will pm to Beachcomber to edit & add to the FAQs

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:04 pm

I'm glad to see they send out reminders now. I think Sid missed his first one and had to go through the procedure again. This prompted me to check mine and I renewed it just in time. I have put the next renewal for 2015 in my diary but I will leave it there just in case I do not get a reminder.

Can you remember the private key you used previously? It is probably the same. Which browser are you using? in Pale Moon (Firefox) you can check the certificates by going to Tools>Options>Advanced - Click on the 'View Certificates' tab then click on 'Your Certificates'. Highlight your husband's certificate then click on 'View' to give you the details.
Let's go Brandon!

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:22 pm

I'm using IE8 - and yes, when I re-read my previous thread on the subject :oops: I found them in Tools/ Options/ Connect/ certificates :D

When I exported the renewed certs, there is an option to have a Private key, but also an option to remove it after export, so I've clicked that - haven't tried actually opening them tho 8) - it isn't necessary for most things, in fact I don't think I ever needed the key, which is why I can't remember it !

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:02 am

Well, the years have rolled by, & I have received a reminder that my digital cert will expire on 21st July 2017 :(

This raises some questions !

1. It says (I think) that if it is more than 5 years since the original cert was issued, you have to be physically identified again. Ours was in Sep 2011, so more than 5 years. This is a big problem, as I have just come back from Spain and am unlikely to be there again for another year !

2. When I last renewed, my hubby had recently died so I just renewed his anyway as there was assorted paperwork to be done & I didn't want the complication of his name being on papers but not in the system. In the Spanish way, his name still appears on various docs, tho' hopefully once Catastro gets their heads around my name/s there will soon be a new escritura which should simplify things a bit. So this question is - do I renew hubby's cert or just let it expire ?

3. Would I be better off just getting a Cl@ve PIN, or does that involve physical attendance too ?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:13 am

A Cl@ve PIN can be done entirely online and via post.
Both mine and my wife's ones where done this way.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:33 am

When my wife and i went to the Tax Office a few weeks ago we were both given Permanent Clave numbers . Can these be used for all Government websites or are they restricted to the Hasienda .

If they can be used for other websites could someone please give me an idiots guide to activating and using them and once they have been activated what is the process for using them again at a later time . While the Tax Officer was processing the Claves she asked for each of our phone numbers so im assuming they will be needed in the process which is a bummer , banking also often requires an SMS code like the Hasienda and can take hours and numerous attempts as we have 1 bar only on our phones and need to be about 3 km away from our home to get stable signal that last long enough to either get the code or answer the phone to input a code .

Made an appointment for the Unemployment Office without problem using just our post codes and NIE number although google translating every page i did notice that an application for unemployment can be made online however i cant see where on the website i have to go and was wondering if that required the use of the Clave .

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:48 pm

Hi AkoAko,
All you need to know about the CL@ve Pin...........

http://www.agenciatributaria.es/AEAT.in ... _PIN.shtml

You can use the CL@ve Pin on any Spanish Government site that shows the CL@ve Pin symbol, some sections within the sites may still need the Digital Signature.

If you don't get all you need from above site please Post back.....
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:06 pm

I've just printed out all the FAQs from there, together with another load from A.com - a little light reading for after lunch ;-)

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:35 pm

I'm going to continue on the Cl@ve PIN thread, as I think that is the way to go :-)